I'm going to crab about this one too

Story: Disk Doctors Labs, Inc. Launches Linux Data Recovery SoftwareTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
tuxchick2

Oct 22, 2006
9:36 AM EDT
I guess if none of us had ever heard of the eleventy-nine zillion free bootable Linuxes that are routinely used to perform system rescues on all platforms this would be news.
dek

Oct 22, 2006
10:05 AM EDT
Sure are crabby today, aren't you?? ;-) (Deleted next question in my head!!)

Seriously, I don't object to these as much as I do the comment spam. Although I would prefer to see these "press releases' be better written and,as you point out, actually meet a need. One has to wonder if they understand anything about their target market.

Don K.
tuxchick2

Oct 22, 2006
10:29 AM EDT
Good point- marking them as press releases is the thing to do.

Grumpy? Who's grumpy? You aiming for a twap?

*harrumph*
dek

Oct 22, 2006
11:07 AM EDT
You said you were crabbing about this one, too, so I made the next leap that you were crabby today! Maybe I am mistaken????

What's a twap? Is it like an "upside the head"? ;-)
tuxchick2

Oct 22, 2006
11:58 AM EDT
There was a duplicate posting of the same press release, so I grumped at both of them. :)

I see you grok twaps. One of my fave gurus used to administer them to me, figuratively of course, when I was insufficiently speedy on the uptake of whatever advanced concept he was attempting to stuff into my poor tired brain. The twaps didn't help much. :)
jimf

Oct 22, 2006
1:21 PM EDT
> The twaps didn't help much.

Lol, they didn't help 'you' much, but your guru felt much better... figuratively of course :D

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!