In response to a "whole bunch of emails".

Forum: LXer Meta ForumTotal Replies: 6
Author Content
helios

Oct 26, 2006
2:41 AM EDT
Although it has been longer than I intended, I am preparing to finish the article promised eons ago about my new job and our migration to the Linux desktop and server. While I would not call it "censored", I was strongly advised (read: told not to type another word) not to blog or write about this experience until all threats of lititagion had passed.

They officially pass at midnight this Friday.

You have my public apology for the lapse in communication and an explanation thereof. I and my team have finished a 9 city tour and have completed the successful migration to Linux.

Whew...what a long strange trip it's been. And prepare for a bit of flameful rhetoric about fanboi Windows SysAdmins...

I promise to keep the "ugly" down to mythical beast level.

h
Sander_Marechal

Oct 26, 2006
2:46 AM EDT
Finally! I was already wondering why your next article took so long, but I figured it would have something to do with your empoyer not wanting too much attention just yet.

Looking forward!
dcparris

Oct 26, 2006
8:24 AM EDT
> And prepare for a bit of flameful rhetoric about fanboi Windows SysAdmins...

Ah, a breath of fresh air!
helios

Oct 26, 2006
5:49 PM EDT
"...Ah, a breath of fresh air!"

Sir, your talent for artistic sarcasm is only exceeded by your legendary Editorial skill.

(geez, can helios suck up or what?)

Strap in boys and girls...subsequent and frolicking bar fight begins sometime in the wee hours late this weekend.

h
Scott_Ruecker

Oct 26, 2006
6:00 PM EDT
Quoting:Strap in boys and girls...subsequent and frolicking bar fight begins sometime in the wee hours late this weekend.

I can't wait..;-)
dcparris

Oct 26, 2006
6:20 PM EDT
> Sir, your talent for artistic sarcasm is only exceeded by your legendary Editorial skill.

Well, shouldn't be too difficult to guess how I'm going to appear for Halloween - a Big Head!

/Tries to squeeze head through the door...
dthacker

Oct 27, 2006
3:51 AM EDT
Oh, this *is* going to be good....

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [Editors, MEMBERS, SITEADMINS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!