Nice Pumpkin!

Forum: LXer Meta ForumTotal Replies: 15
Author Content
dcparris

Oct 26, 2006
10:26 AM EDT
Bob, I like the pumpkin in the logo. That's pretty cool!
bob

Oct 26, 2006
10:58 AM EDT
A little seasonal cheer...
jezuch

Oct 26, 2006
4:05 PM EDT
Especially interesting for the amazingly large part of the world that doesn't recognize this event ;) In my country 1st of November is called "zaduszki": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaduszki and it's a whole lot more "serious" than Halloween. It's a *real* shame that the latter gets imported here without respect for local traditions. But lots of people have a sort of "american fetish", fueled in part by our experiences with Soviets, I think...

Rant mode off ;)
jdixon

Oct 26, 2006
6:00 PM EDT
> and it's a whole lot more "serious" than Halloween.

Oh, all Hallows Eve is very serious. The fact that most people don't know that is beside the point.

And, as my wife insists that I point out, All Saints Day (Nov. 1st) is equally so.
tuxchick2

Oct 27, 2006
10:53 AM EDT
The pumpkin is great. :)

I bet anyone who wishes to create a nice graphic for their own favorite $DAY would have a chance at having it used, too.
jsusanka

Oct 27, 2006
1:30 PM EDT
ya it looks good!
Bob_Robertson

Oct 27, 2006
5:22 PM EDT
Very nice, not at all typical. Someone does good art.
Bob_Robertson

Oct 27, 2006
5:27 PM EDT
Oh, and as far as "not taking it seriously", here in darkest North Carolina, there are lots of folks who don't cotton to that agrandizing of the Devil's work in ghosts and goblins and witches and all, so they get together on Oct. 31 and pray vigorously for those of us heathens who "celebrate" such evil and sin.

They also put up signs a couple years ago when Halloween would have been on Sunday, saying, "[this development's] Children will be celebrating Halloween on Saturday, Oct. 30th!"

What they should do is hand out sample-sized toothpaste, but they don't understand that it is _THEY_ who are the superstitious agrandizers of "evil" where everyone else is celebrating only candy and dress-up.

Typical intrusive idiots who love to run other people's lives.
jimf

Oct 27, 2006
5:58 PM EDT
Lol, it's a nice pumpkin logo. Let's take it at face value as it was intended.
jdixon

Oct 27, 2006
6:15 PM EDT
> Typical intrusive idiots who love to run other people's lives.

The problem with any belief system (not just religious ones) comes about when people try to force it upon others. As long as they don't do that, live and let live works pretty well.
Bob_Robertson

Nov 02, 2006
11:17 AM EDT
"The problem ... comes about when people try to force it upon others."

Which is when armed self defense is most essential.

The only weapon is a sharp mind. Other things are merely tools.

hkwint

Dec 27, 2006
4:43 AM EDT
The Christmas lights were cool too, by the way. Now, I'll wait for the fireworks!
dek

Dec 27, 2006
2:16 PM EDT
Don't forget Valentine's day -- heart pumping . . . . ;-)

and St. Paddy's Day -- green Beer foaming . . .. ;-D
tuxchick

Dec 27, 2006
8:20 PM EDT
and my birthday! a list of everything I want and a delivery map to my house.
Bob_Robertson

Dec 29, 2006
12:55 PM EDT
TC, a pointer to your Amazon.com WishList would be perfect for that. And no map required.
dinotrac

Dec 29, 2006
1:14 PM EDT
TC -

I like the way you think, girl.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [Editors, MEMBERS, SITEADMINS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!