Author Content
djohnston

Nov 01, 2006
2:09 PM EDT
is in German.
jdixon

Nov 01, 2006
2:18 PM EDT
That's normally what DE means, is it not?
Scott_Ruecker

Nov 01, 2006
2:18 PM EDT
Did you see this?

http://lxer.com/module/newswire/lf/view/72241/
dcparris

Nov 01, 2006
2:24 PM EDT
Yes, we are working on expanding our audience a bit. You should start seeing some articles in German hitting the wire, mixed in with all the English ones. We're using a "DE" designation to help readers pick them out quickly. As the German-speaking community grows, we'll set up a separate area for the Europeans. For now, though, this will be the norm.

Thanks for bearing with us, Don
jezuch

Nov 01, 2006
3:50 PM EDT
Heh, "Europeans" is not only "Germans" ;)

But I wish I could read German [or more precisely: I had enough patience to keep learning it], this looks like an interesting article!
Scott_Ruecker

Nov 01, 2006
3:57 PM EDT
Firefox has a translator add-on..

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/181/

It works really well, I have only used for a short time but it has been working for me. it does not compensate for how it would be spoken but at least it is readable, with a little mental moving of verbs and nouns.
dcparris

Nov 01, 2006
4:24 PM EDT
> Heh, "Europeans" is not only "Germans" ;)

Don't worry, we'll work on the other Europeans, too. ;-)

Right now, though, please let me sort of get one group started. I don't want to even think about trying to manage 10 or more different languages right now - I do still have a full-time job, apart from LXer. And a family. But we plan to start working on the other languages soon enough.
jezuch

Nov 02, 2006
3:39 PM EDT
Europe is fun, isn't it? ;)
dcparris

Nov 02, 2006
4:08 PM EDT
I was stationed in the UK for 19 months, and spent another 6 floating around the Mediterranean. I love Europe, for the most part. I'm especially inclined to Luxembourg and Scotland (even though I'm of Irish descent). Cornwall, England is loads of fun, too. I have to admit, though, I could easily be lured up to Finland, if I wasn't already married. ;-)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!