Add an Entry in the Pre-installed Linux Vendor Database

Forum: LXer Meta ForumTotal Replies: 7
Author Content
tuxtop

Nov 15, 2006
3:41 AM EDT
I've been trying to add an entry into the Pre-installed Linux Vendor Database, but once I click on the 'Add an entry into this database' link the following text appears:

Add an Entry To add an entry to this database, please fill out all the applicable fields below.You do not appear to have access to add an entry here.

What is the way to get the right authority to do this?

The Entry that I'd like to add would consist of:

Company: http://www.tuxtop.nl Distro: Ubuntu City: Weert Country: Netherlands

Any help would be great!

Regards Martijn Bos
dcparris

Nov 15, 2006
7:03 AM EDT
My apologies. We should have stated that on the DB home page. In our article, we stated that one has to send the information to the editors (editors [at] lxer [dot] com). I'll see if I can convince Bob to let people add their own listings. I will add your entry.
dcparris

Nov 15, 2006
7:09 AM EDT
Your entry is added. Do you provide direct support for Ubuntu, or do you refer your customers to the Ubuntu community?
hkwint

Nov 16, 2006
4:07 AM EDT
It seems, tuxtop offers (Please correct me Martijn if I'm wrong;)

-3 months support for your configuration -That's apart from the three years of support given by Ubuntu since January 1st 2006

BTW Very nice site. Is your company still growing?
tuxtop

Nov 16, 2006
5:44 AM EDT
Thanks for adding the entry dcparris, this really makes a difference in site-hits!

Indeed hkwint I'm offering 3 months support on the configuration (for professional users this period can be extended).

Thanx for the compliment, but I've just started selling PCs and hope to grow in the future of course ;-)

Greetz, Martijn

dcparris

Nov 16, 2006
6:54 AM EDT
Is that Linux support? I assume most vendors support their hardware, and think the buyer should check into that. However, I want to confirm that the vendor offers support for Linux before I put check for 'Vendor Support'.

I hope that clarifies things a bit.
tuxtop

Nov 16, 2006
7:18 AM EDT
TuxTop support means: Support on installed software (and installable software from within default apt-get sources on a TuxTop system) and configuration. Of course hardware support is at least 1 year (depending on support of hw-suplier)

I hope this helps to clarify?
dcparris

Nov 16, 2006
10:22 AM EDT
Yes, that's very helpful. Thank you! I'll make a note of it.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [Editors, MEMBERS, SITEADMINS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!