Define structure and outcomes before we start a vote.

Story: Ask the Pros...Ahem, that would be you.Total Replies: 4
Author Content
louwp

Nov 25, 2006
12:27 AM EDT
Hi,

I think there are waaay too many opinions based on one's own preferences and bias to try and create this database.

My 2c is that we should create multiple matrixes of distro's each based and for a different market/user for example: Multimedia desktop users and Programmers and Office workers etc.

Then we can start to objectively classify each distro according to its virtues to these communities. We have to accept that not everyone is a hobbyist. I still use MS on my desktops but always have one Linux-flavour or another running on my spare PC for testing etc.

Louw
rijelkentaurus

Nov 25, 2006
2:57 AM EDT
>I still use MS on my desktops

I shall shed tears for you, my friend....8-)
Sander_Marechal

Nov 25, 2006
3:35 AM EDT
I agree that more cvlassification would be better. For example, there's a great difference between people switching to Linux because they want something different and people who are looking to replace Windows.
Abe

Nov 25, 2006
9:41 AM EDT
Sander:

Unless you over looked the red underline underneath "cvlassification", you must not be using FireFox v2. Just in case you didn't know, It has pretty nice spell checker . I am very bad speller myself, I guess that is why I appreciate this feature so much.
Sander_Marechal

Nov 26, 2006
1:40 PM EDT
Yup. I'm running 1.5 on Dapper here.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!