I'm not shrinking

Story: Free software audience is shrinking.Total Replies: 9
Author Content
tuxchick

Dec 14, 2006
5:43 PM EDT
In fact, until I got this flu bug my clothes were feeling a bit tight.

Bwahahaaa.

Bill Hilf works in open source? Uh huh. And I'm a princess in a luxurious castle, with lackeys and toadies to obey my every whim. Off with their heads. Kneel, worms.

"A certain Mr.Levy from Novell says "we cannot control how people react to this agreement." " Bingo, sparky. We aint stoopid.

jdixon

Dec 14, 2006
6:09 PM EDT
Is everyone who works for Microsoft required to place their morals in a box at the door when they arrive, to be picked up when they leave?

" ...the free software audience is becoming smaller."

How blatant can the lying get?

Yes, that a hypothetical question, not deserving of a real response. I'm certain that Microsoft will demonstrate very shortly that their lies can get even worse.
tuxchick

Dec 14, 2006
6:13 PM EDT
Next we'll be seeing Gartner and IDC reports that Linux causes impotence, excess sweatiness, and chronic gas.
IGnatiusTFoobar

Dec 14, 2006
6:17 PM EDT
Microsoft still doesn't get it. The forces of commoditization that brought them to where they are today, due to the hardware getting commoditized, will be the same forces of commoditization that will bring them down, due to the software getting commoditized. It may take a long time, but it's not merely possible -- it's inevitable.

Or perhaps Microsoft does understand. And that's why they're putting so much effort into fighting it.
tuxchick

Dec 14, 2006
6:24 PM EDT
The common assumption is that free software is bad for Microsoft. It is as long as they oppose it. If they would use it and contribute to it like normal people, instead of trying to kill it off like rabid megalomaniac bullies, the company would be a lot stronger and better-positioned for the long-term. Just think- Microsoft software that doesn't suck. A radical new direction for the Jabba of software.
jimf

Dec 14, 2006
6:24 PM EDT
> Next we'll be seeing Gartner and IDC reports that Linux causes impotence, excess sweatiness, and chronic gas.

They're always trying to ascribe the aliments of MS Windows to Linux...
tuxchick

Dec 14, 2006
6:43 PM EDT
Is 'aliments' a deliberate pun? quite clever if it is.
jimf

Dec 14, 2006
6:48 PM EDT
Pardon my French :)
galeru

Dec 14, 2006
8:43 PM EDT
so um...does this constitute libel, or what? Where is the line drawn?
dcparris

Dec 14, 2006
10:14 PM EDT
I'll have them to know, not only am I shrinking, I'm getting bigger.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!