commies!! hippies!! freaks!!

Story: Free Works in AfricaTotal Replies: 9
Author Content
tuxchick

Feb 08, 2007
2:01 PM EDT
See, this sort of thing will destroy the world's economies. Think of the anti-virus/Trojan horse/rootkit/spyware/botnet companies, the makers of fine hand-crafted DRM technologies, the Business Software Alliance and its goons with families to support, the poor PC makers who count on forced upgrades with every Windows release- this sort of thing will put them right out of business, and then where will we be?

What about all those spammers, phishers, and organized crime families who rely on Windows to earn their livings?

What about all those anti-social morons with jobs at CompUSA and BestBuy, who can't possibly hold down real jobs? Where will they go?

I tell ya, we can't let this sort of thing continue.
beirwin

Feb 08, 2007
2:30 PM EDT
Yeah, where will it all end? :-)
Scott_Ruecker

Feb 08, 2007
2:31 PM EDT
>I tell ya, we can't let this sort of thing continue.

Now now young lady, don't you worry. Nothing like that will happen in this country for a long time, we're safe from the corrupting effects of Open Source on our children.

for now...

;-)
dcparris

Feb 08, 2007
2:41 PM EDT
Tell it, TC!. I'll have you know I am a red-blooded, Mom-and-apple-pie American. I can support the Business Software Alliance if I want to. In fact, every time they drag me into court, the judge reminds of the poor starving lawyers - you know, the ones that are ashamed of the fact that they can't afford a Bentley and have to drive those tacky little BMWs. Yeah, I really feel for them. And DRM? C'mon now. DRM is the best way to train hackers and crackers! How will they ever gain real cracking skills without it?

And don't forget, without good old Capitalist DRM and security measures, those poor Iranians wouldn't have been able to crack Vista in less than two months. How dare those Commie, hippie, freaks bring poor li'l ol' Microsoft to its knees! I'm callin' my good buddie, GW. He'll set those Commies straight!

[Note to self: make sure I really am too old to be recalled to active duty]
cr

Feb 08, 2007
3:09 PM EDT
> Mom-and-apple-pie American

Eww.... I knew the country was being cannibalized by special corporate interests, but I didn't realize the habit extended down to the grassroots level. That explains a lot.
jimf

Feb 08, 2007
3:13 PM EDT
> make sure I really am too old to be recalled to active duty

Sure hope you weren't an officer... I believe it's 60 for them :(
dcparris

Feb 08, 2007
5:55 PM EDT
Nope! Enlisted. Infantry (2nd MarDiv @ LeJeune), Security in the UK. I learned how to shoot and beat up people. Then I got out and became a security officer, volunteer ambulance driver (for a short time), and now preach to people. I figure it does more damage than shooting. Well, at least for the ones that manage to stay awake. :-)

I'm still not sure how I wound up editing one of the most popular Linux news sites in the world. That one just baffles me to no end. Life is funny.
tuxchick

Feb 08, 2007
6:59 PM EDT
Yeah, from jarhead to Rebel Leader. Life is a hoot!
jimf

Feb 08, 2007
7:03 PM EDT
> I figure it does more damage than shooting

Easier to ignore too :D
dcparris

Feb 08, 2007
9:03 PM EDT
:D

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!