SCO witchhunt

Story: SCO to Pamela Jones: Please CallTotal Replies: 8
Author Content
herzeleid

Feb 16, 2007
12:42 PM EDT
Aw c'mon McBride, you big bully, why do you have to go harassing PJ?
DarrenR114

Feb 16, 2007
1:05 PM EDT
This doesn't seem so much like a SCO tactic as it does a BS&F tactic. Barrister intimidation.
dthacker

Feb 18, 2007
4:16 AM EDT
The Three Biggest Lies In the World (revised)

1. The check's in the mail 2. I'm from the government, and I'm here to help 3. I'm Darl McBride, and we just want to talk to Pamela Jones.

DT
Bob_Robertson

Feb 18, 2007
7:09 AM EDT
No jest. The missed in their first pre-emptive strike, now they're trying to play "nice" but still get what they want.

By getting her involved in the case directly, I think they're trying to stop her from being able to write about the case anymore.

"No, your honor, I hold this court in the deepest respect. It is you I hold in contempt."

Anyway, the best thing that PJ can do is vanish. Done! Good for her. She has safe houses everywhere, too. No Linux user would turn her in.

Abe

Feb 18, 2007
10:52 AM EDT
Quoting:By getting her involved in the case directly, I think they're trying to stop her from being able to write about the case anymore.

Bob, True, true. Excellent point. You seem to think like SCO, that is scary! lol.
Bob_Robertson

Feb 18, 2007
5:12 PM EDT
Abe, I own firearms and have investigated the non-existant legal foundations of the IRS.

Doing those things without understanding how the law can be twisted is suicidal.

Meeting IRS investigative agent Banister, who I most recently saw in Aaron Russo's _America: Freedom to Fascism_, was eye-opening to say the least.

dcparris

Feb 18, 2007
6:21 PM EDT
Say, isn't McBride's line the same one they always use in the movies? You know, when the mafia/mob bosses "just want to talk"? Any connections between SCOG and the mafia/mob are purely coincidental and/or your own perception. ;-)
DarrenR114

Feb 19, 2007
4:41 AM EDT
Don,

It's also a tactic used by police when trying to track down suspects: "Have him come to the station. We just want to talk."

But I suspect you already knew this.
dcparris

Feb 19, 2007
10:38 AM EDT
Yeah, the other was funnier though. :-)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!