nice...

Story: The "Nixed Report" Vista ChallengeTotal Replies: 8
Author Content
techiem2

Apr 04, 2007
12:10 PM EDT
Wonder if anyone would be daring enough to take it...

I'd use Vista for a week if someone bought me a comp that fit his challenge.
tracyanne

Apr 04, 2007
2:10 PM EDT
I've already tried Vista, as part of my job, compared to Linux with a 3D desktop, or Metisse, it's disappointing, and it still lacks all of the Linux things that are so frustratingly missing in Windows XP, in adition it's slow on the same machine that any Linux distro running a 3D desktop flys on. If someone bought me a computer with Vista on it, I'd replace it with Linux in a flash.

BTW I get "server not found" when I try to surf to the link for the article.
techiem2

Apr 04, 2007
2:21 PM EDT
I've only messed with it briefly on my boss's laptop. He runs it quite a bit to get used to it since we know eventually we'll have to deal with it in some way or other and hates it.
moopst

Apr 04, 2007
6:24 PM EDT
I think a more appropriate challenge would be "I'll use Vista for a week, if you'll use Linux for one week".

Of course, the absurdly high hardware requirements of Vista poses a problem. Maybe if you'll buy me another 512 MB for my laptop. Also let me borrow a different disk drive since it's Win XP Media Center Edition (on a 24 gig partition) and Zenwalk on the remaining 49 gigs. I don't want another WGA strike against me for doing "something" to my system, which is mine and which I paid for and whose business is it what i do with it anyway. Actually I just turn off the wireless when I boot Windows to run the only program I run there which is the Nikon scanner software.
dthacker

Apr 04, 2007
6:30 PM EDT
I guessing nobody loves Vista *that* much. Dave
thenixedreport

Apr 04, 2007
8:00 PM EDT
"BTW I get "server not found" when I try to surf to the link for the article."

tracyanne,

That's because it's 1and1 that I'm hosted on. Every now and then, they get an error. It's working fine on my end. Do you have any other problems surfing sites built with e107?
dcparris

Apr 04, 2007
9:42 PM EDT
matheteuo.org is e107-powered and I'm able to see it.
tracyanne

Apr 04, 2007
11:14 PM EDT
I seem to be able to load the page now. What's e107?
tracyanne

Apr 04, 2007
11:16 PM EDT
It's OK I found out what e107 is.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!