Gee I never saw this one Coming

Story: Ubuntu community magazine hits the 'streets'Total Replies: 6
Author Content
devnet

Apr 16, 2007
10:26 AM EDT
Ya know...the whole, skipping PCLinuxOS Magazine, which is now on Issue 9 (May 1 release) and jumping into reporting on Ubuntu.

Love how places have their bias. Full Circle is a good magazine...don't get me wrong. I just downloaded it safely to my desktop and am reading it. The thing is...no one reports similar news for other distros :)
Sander_Marechal

Apr 16, 2007
1:01 PM EDT
Hmm... IIRC PCLinuxOS magazine has featured quite a bit here on LXer and on DistroWatch as well.
dcparris

Apr 16, 2007
4:33 PM EDT
I gave up trying to convince distro project leaders to submit announcements and news through our story submission link. I keep hoping though.
jdixon

Apr 16, 2007
6:30 PM EDT
> I gave up trying to convince distro project leaders to submit announcements and news through our story submission link.

Well Don, I could quote the Slackware Changelog here every week, but I doubt most would find it very interesting reading. Still, if you want, let me know. I'd have to email Patrick and make sure he wouldn't mind, but I doubt he would.
devnet

Apr 16, 2007
9:12 PM EDT
Yes, but not feature elsewhere...

However, this Ubuntu Magazine has been published all over the web...even at sites I submitted to that didn't publish for PCLinuxOS Magazine...hence my animosity.

Lxer is a good place for unbiased news though :) Makes me happy.
Sander_Marechal

Apr 16, 2007
9:47 PM EDT
Quoting:I gave up trying to convince distro project leaders to submit announcements and news through our story submission link.

Ofcourse they do no. Too much work. You should give the project leaders an e-mail address so that all they have to do is add LXer to their (internal?) PR/announcement mailing list.
dcparris

Apr 17, 2007
6:12 AM EDT
Good point. We are on the Debian and Fedora Core lists.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!