Monitor Resulation

Story: Adds Officially Recognized Suse Linux ForumTotal Replies: 2
Author Content

May 12, 2007
2:02 AM EDT
I have a 128 built in graphics card on my PC. I have installed intel graphics card driver. But it only shows 800x600 resulation and refresh rate is 75. There is no any other options. Now, how can i change resulation?

May 12, 2007
3:54 AM EDT
If you are using Debian, Ubuntu or another Debian derivative, install the "915resolution" package.

Alternatively (still debian or derivative), go to the commandline (as root) and run "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg". It will ask you many questions, most of which you probably don't know the answer to. Just keep the default answers to all the questions except for the monitor resolution question. Change that one to your needs.

If you don't have Debian or a derivative, please post what you do have so someone else may help you.

May 12, 2007
1:55 PM EDT
If you're running suse, simply install 915resolution.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!