No new news stories?

Forum: LXer Meta ForumTotal Replies: 8
Author Content
Sander_Marechal

Jun 03, 2007
6:35 AM EDT
There have been no new news stories in the past ~14 hours or so. Is it that quiet out there? Did something break? The queue says 3 stories pending.
dcparris

Jun 03, 2007
8:05 AM EDT
It has been extremely slow. Our aggregator seems to be starving to death. I have no explanation as to why. I have mentioned this to Bob, but haven't gotten a response yet on this issue. Even during the week, we're getting limited stories. We used to run 30-46 stories a day, even after sorting out all the junk. Now we're lucky to see 20-30 stories on a normal weekday. It's been a slow, gradual process occuring in just the last month and a half.

I just fiinished our worship service. I'll see if I can scour around and find us some news.
bigg

Jun 03, 2007
9:53 AM EDT
You could do like the rest of the news outlets and make up the news when things slow down...
dcparris

Jun 03, 2007
9:57 AM EDT
:-D

And in other news, RMS was kidnapped by the same aliens that kidnapped Elvis, who was recently spotted near LXer.com.
dinotrac

Jun 03, 2007
10:38 AM EDT
Rev -

I am shocked at your blatant disregard for the facts. The aliens are closely aligned with the Elvis aliens, but are, in fact, a different group.

I trust that you will make things right.
jdixon

Jun 03, 2007
11:31 AM EDT
> I am shocked at your blatant disregard for the facts.

Not to mention the fact that there was no kidnap involved. It seems the aliens had heard about this thing called "Free Software" and were interested in learning more about it. Of course, they called it "Open Source", so RMS felt he had to take a hand personally to get them straightened out. The word is that they also have some advanced compiler technology which will shortly be integrated into GCC as payment in return.
dinotrac

Jun 03, 2007
11:48 AM EDT
>he word is that they also have some advanced compiler technology which will shortly be integrated into GCC as payment in return.

Now That's news.
Sander_Marechal

Jun 03, 2007
12:38 PM EDT
@Don: After writing this I went out to find some news but didn't find any. Slow day indeed.

PS: may I ask what feeds you guys have in your aggregator?
dcparris

Jun 03, 2007
2:05 PM EDT
Sander, I honestly don't know. The Great and Wonderful Wizard has all that. I just handle the assembly line. ;-)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [Editors, MEMBERS, SITEADMINS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!