LXer

Story: Introducing Scott RueckerTotal Replies: 13
Author Content
Scott_Ruecker

Jun 21, 2007
6:19 PM EDT
I am not sure exactly how to start this..

First off, I want to say that working with Don has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. I have learned from his wisdom and experience as a writer and more importantly, as a human of the highest quality. He has shown me how to improve my writing and how to improve as a human being. I wish Don only the best in life and what the future has in store for him.

Secondly, I want to share with you all of the big changes that will be happening here at LXer..

:-)

There will be no major changes whatsoever, we are going to continue to do as we have been doing. We are going to strive to present the news and create original content to the highest standard possible. Like we have always done.

In my time here LXer has gradually and continually grown in readership, reach and notoriety and it is my intention to work on keeping those trends doing just that.

I stand on the shoulders of giants, those who have come before me have set a very high standard for LXer, and I will do my best to continue that tradition.

Scott
tuxchick

Jun 21, 2007
7:02 PM EDT
Congratulations, Scott! You and Don and the rest of the team have done a wonderful job. LXer is in good hands.

kozmcrae

Jun 21, 2007
8:13 PM EDT
"Secondly, I want to share with you all of the big changes that will be happening here at LXer.."

Dang, if I'd just kept reading a little more and not jump-the-gun as usual, I wouldn't have had to delete two pages of a perfectly good rant. {:-)
dcparris

Jun 21, 2007
10:11 PM EDT
Scott,

Congratulations. Yes, I said one or two kind of nice things about you. I know for a fact you'll do well. And when the users get out of hand, just remember to point them to that photo of my legs.
Scott_Ruecker

Jun 22, 2007
12:00 AM EDT
You hear that people, if you get out of line I'll show you pictures of his legs!

If that doesn't work..

Umm..

Uhh..

I'll think of something scarier.

That's a pretty big if though. ;-)

Libervis

Jun 22, 2007
2:56 AM EDT
Congratulations Scott! I'm sure you'll be a good new LXer chef. :)

Cheers
number6x

Jun 22, 2007
6:17 AM EDT
Congratulations Scott!
techiem2

Jun 22, 2007
7:40 AM EDT
Congrats!
Bullwinkle

Jun 22, 2007
9:43 AM EDT
Indeed congrats to you Scott. And best wishes to the old gray mare Don, as he heads out to new pastures.

I know you'll be busy Scott, but you could drop in to chat sometime! You know the place.

jdixon

Jun 22, 2007
10:23 AM EDT
Congratulations Scott. You have a difficult act to follow, but hopefully you'll be more than up to the job.
dcparris

Jun 22, 2007
4:46 PM EDT
> old gray mare

? Did I retire, and someone forgot to tell me? Oh no! Tell me I didn't forget that I retired!

Old gray mare indeed! :-)
DarrenR114

Jun 23, 2007
6:46 AM EDT
@dcparris

Hush up and eat your milktoast.
dcparris

Jun 23, 2007
10:33 AM EDT
Yeah, yeah, yeah! ;-)
devnet

Jun 23, 2007
8:10 PM EDT
Congrats Scott!

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!