You mean SCO *won't* crush us all any day now?!?!?

Story: The pen is mightier than the FUDTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
DrDubious

Jul 19, 2007
7:24 AM EDT
Enderle just plain hates Linux and anything remotely related to it. Linux-users actually called him on it when he started in on the "Linux is evil communism" nonsense and now he's desperate to get back at FOSS. Unfortunately for him, all he has is name-calling (evil communist thieves!) and shilling for FOSS' opposition - primarily Microsoft, which still has deep enough pockets to keep some money flowing his way.

I suspect he just figures he'll keep throwing out the "Evil Linux Communist Thieves are DOOMED!" stories, hoping some random event will make him seem correct for a while one of these days.
acrider

Jul 19, 2007
8:49 AM EDT
Based on some information that came out during the early days of the SCO litigation, the real story seems to be that Enderle hates IBM because he believes they mistreated him many years ago and he loves Microsoft because they made it possible for him to recover from whatever misfortunes he suffered as a result of the IBM episode. So he has been vigorously attacking FOSS ever since IBM began supporting it, and he hasn't cared whether he had any facts or logic to support his claims. Fortunately, I don't think very many people take him seriously anymore.
number6x

Jul 19, 2007
9:55 AM EDT
Linux is about as communist as "We The People"

Linux is Free! Free as in Free Enterprise and Free Press.

Linux is Open. Open as in Open Market.

On the other hand in Windows land...

Vista has been released and we see the fulfillment of the Glorious five year plan brought to bear. All troubles are solved by upgrading to the one solution provided by the minds of the superior leadership of the one true source for solutions to your IT needs. Contemplating the use of another solution is strictly forbidden.

The old five year plan is dead! Long live the Vista, the new five year plan.

;)
montezuma

Jul 19, 2007
12:19 PM EDT
Yeah Long live Comrade "Leonid Brezhnev" Gates and the Great Vistas of the Future!
Sander_Marechal

Jul 19, 2007
12:59 PM EDT
Quoting:the real story seems to be that Enderle hates IBM because he believes they mistreated him many years ago and he loves Microsoft because they made it possible for him to recover from whatever misfortunes he suffered as a result of the IBM episode.

Interesting. Got any links to back that up? I'd love to do some more reading on that (yes, I'm a masochist :-)
jezuch

Jul 19, 2007
4:38 PM EDT
@number6x: don't forget that in the popular elections[1] the Red-Mond Party got 97.36% of votes, even better than last time!

[1] the fine print: commissioned by MS

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!