I'd like to see more of this

Story: The LXer Interview: Dave Wreski of EnGarde Secure LinuxTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
devnet

Jul 24, 2007
5:41 AM EDT
I think these are fantastic additions to Lxer. I'd like to see more of these say...with ClarkConnect (my fav solution like this) and other distro developers.

It really puts a human face onto those distros and gives angles we've never thought about.
jdixon

Jul 24, 2007
5:49 AM EDT
> ...with ClarkConnect (my fav solution like this) and other distro developers.

That would be good. Warren Woodford is probably good for a number of articles with enticing headlines. :) Texstar would probably make a good interview. And I'd love to see an interview with Patrick Volkerding too, but then I'm biased.
beirwin

Jul 24, 2007
7:16 AM EDT
I also think that these kinds of interviews are a great addition to LXer. It's nice to read about companies that are doing things right.

I always remain hopeful for the human species because, despite the media's propensity to dwell on the bad/negative news (because it sells??), there are a lot of positive things going on in the world. We just have to dig a little bit more to find out about. Actually LXer does post a lot of good news stories about new software releases and the like. Remain positive! :-)
tuxchick

Jul 24, 2007
8:24 AM EDT
"I always remain hopeful for the human species because, despite the media's propensity to dwell on the bad/negative news (because it sells??)"

Yeah :( When I'm filling in for Brian at Linux Today I know that two words in the article headlines will guarantee a lot of hits: Windows and Ubuntu. Oh, and anything that relates to "sucks." Sadly, Windows stories usually rank the highest. I look for good Linux stories anyway and keep the windows crud to a bare minimum, but it still bothers me.
Scott_Ruecker

Jul 24, 2007
3:49 PM EDT
devnet and beirwin: Thank You for the compliments, and the ideas for more interviews. 'Positive' news is a little harder to find, but it is worth it every time. There are good people, who own businesses, volunteer time and energy to a FOSS project or any number of other things and they deserve to get some good press when it comes their way.

Obviously I will not always be interviewing business people but I wanted everyone to know that I certainly will be interviewing more than just one. :-)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!