Personal Update

Forum: LXer Meta ForumTotal Replies: 19
Author Content
techiem2

Jul 30, 2007
7:52 AM EDT
Hey guys,

I figured I should drop a note here so you know what's goin on since I'll be gone for a couple weeks or so (not that I post frequently anyway, so maybe nobody would notice).

Anyway, tomorrow (July 31) I'm going to Pittsburgh to prepare for my second (first was in 1993) kidney transplant on Wedsday (Aug 1). I'll probably be stuck down there for a couple weeks or more, most likely with no inet access.

So that's what's goin on with me. Anyone that wants email updates can pm/email me sometime today and I'll add you to the list.

Mark II
azerthoth

Jul 30, 2007
8:38 AM EDT
Good luck to you with that and speedy recovery.
techiem2

Jul 30, 2007
8:45 AM EDT
Thanks! On a cool note, I wouldn't have gotten started with computers when I did if it wasn't for transplant. One of my drs in CA was instrumental in getting people with chronic renal failure accepted by the Starlight Foundation (similar to Make-A-Wish). So because of my condition, I got a wish. :) So in late 1993 I got my first computer from the Starlight Foundation. And I've been a geek ever since... :)
jdixon

Jul 30, 2007
9:09 AM EDT
> I'm going to Pittsburgh to prepare for my second (first was in 1993) kidney transplant on Wedsday

Bad enough to need a kidney transplant, but to make you go to Pittsburgh for it almost qualifies as cruel and unusual punishment. :)

Get well soon.
techiem2

Jul 30, 2007
9:17 AM EDT
:) The people there are nice, but the fact that I'll probably be without inet is just evil. hehehe Guess I'll have to take along those archaic things...um...books...yeah, those.
dinotrac

Jul 30, 2007
9:41 AM EDT
> I'm going to Pittsburgh to prepare for my second (first was in 1993) kidney transplant on Wedsday (Aug 1).

OK, this is taking modularity just a little too far.

I realize that the current release of kidney can exhibit difficulties in certain difficult cases, but, overall, tends to work well for most people.

Please insist that your tech support team do a proper install so that you may enjoy years of trouble-free use.
jdixon

Jul 30, 2007
9:55 AM EDT
> The people there are nice...

Well, as long as you're not wearing any WVU regalia...
techiem2

Jul 30, 2007
10:00 AM EDT
Quoting:OK, this is taking modularity just a little too far.

Yeah, they should just be doing a full body replacement to turn me into a cyborg. :)

techiem2

Jul 30, 2007
8:59 PM EDT
Well all, I'm leaving in 4 hours, so I suppose I'll sleep a little. :) Cya all when I return!
tuxchick

Jul 30, 2007
9:33 PM EDT
best wishes, techiem, and lots of hugs!
Bob_Robertson

Jul 31, 2007
5:44 PM EDT
Health, a speedy and full recovery!

May basic genetic research speedily discover how to re-grow your _own_ organs.

Really neat about the "make a wish" computer thing. But with the timing, was it a Mac or did it run Win3.1? :^)
techiem2

Aug 05, 2007
1:51 PM EDT
Well, I'm alive. Surgery went well. I'm stiff and slow of course. But I have my laptop now and the place we're staying while we're here has the rooms wired, so I'm happy. :)

Bob: Leading Edge 486slc-25 4MB RAM (I think) 120MB hdd Dos/Win3.1

:)
alc

Aug 05, 2007
2:47 PM EDT
techiem2, Glad to hear it went well.Prayer's for your speedy recovery. Al
dinotrac

Aug 05, 2007
6:07 PM EDT
>I'm stiff and slow of course.

So does that mean you're fully recovered, out having fun, and bragging about your capabilities?
techiem2

Aug 06, 2007
8:39 AM EDT
haha. I wish. Maybe in a year or so.....
gus3

Sep 26, 2007
8:39 PM EDT
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
Sander_Marechal

Sep 26, 2007
9:34 PM EDT
Ohh, a 419 scammer! Someone bait him :-) (see http://www.419eater.com)
tuxchick

Sep 26, 2007
9:46 PM EDT
techiem, just think of all the new body parts you could purchase!
techiem2

Sep 27, 2007
5:12 PM EDT
lol! (apparently I missed the scammer post though...)
Sander_Marechal

Sep 27, 2007
9:56 PM EDT
Yeah, we whacked it :-)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [Editors, MEMBERS, SITEADMINS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!