What a load of shite

Story: Both sides play dirty! Typical Linux FUD Campaign towards Microsoft.Total Replies: 17
Author Content
tracyanne

Aug 09, 2007
5:49 PM EDT
Quoting:The referred to community is not the type that goes out and buys a copy of Windows to run under Linux. They violate the EULA terms of existing copies, or simply result to pirating a fresh virus and backdoor infected copy of the OS from The Pirate Bay.

Why go buy a pirated copy of Windows, which as the author says is likely full of viruses, when you can buy a legal copy of windows and catch the viruses in a moment of inattention anyway.

The point is you are just plain silly to buy something that's even more broken than the original.

I have windows because I have to, and in every case I use a legal copy.
nikkels

Aug 09, 2007
6:31 PM EDT
Hi tracyanne, I don't want to start an argument here, but the --Why go buy a pirated copy of Windows, which as the author says is likely full of viruses -- is very in-accurate. I live in Thailand, and 99% of windowsXP here is pirated. ( so are all other programs ) I can assure/guarantee you that they are all virus free. Those guys are not amateurs and they are not stupid. Making pirated CDs is their lifehood. If they mess up, nobody will buy them. It's business, and they take it serious, including the 7 day ( exchange) guarantee. FYI, I am a linux user for 5 years now, but, an ex-windows user. So, I know. Please take this post in a friendly manner. Thanks.
tracyanne

Aug 09, 2007
6:37 PM EDT
Quoting:. Please take this post in a friendly manner. Thanks.

No worries. I suspect you just defudded some other fud.
tuxchick

Aug 09, 2007
8:48 PM EDT
nikkels, that has to be the funniest comment I've ever read- "get genuine pirated Windows! It's safer!" What an ad campaign that would make :)
nikkels

Aug 09, 2007
9:00 PM EDT
tuxchick,

Thanks, but it was not my intention to be funny. What I stated was true. Most, but not all, pirated CDs have been scanned for every possible virus at the time of press. Since I come in regular contact with these people ( as they operate in the open, and NOT from some hidden obscure places as many believe ) , I have asked them many questions. Trust me on this. They are ( mostly ) virus free. They are NOT ( as many believe ) cripled in any way. They DO give you an instantly replacement if you complain about the quality. No arguments. As for Microsoft activation plan, no problems here. Updates available on a weekly base.

Are you surprised that in the East, they don't see the need for going Linux ? Microsoft is much cheaper here than Linux. So, please next time Microsoft talks about TCO, think about this post- :-) :-) :-)

OK, thats enough of this, before I get arrested by Microsoft's secret brigade.
vadmin

Aug 10, 2007
3:08 AM EDT
nikkels,

The reference to "the pirate bay" is a reference to a website you download torrents off. A lot of these OS and app ISOs are infected. Usually more so the crack than the s/w.
helios

Aug 10, 2007
6:28 AM EDT
OK, thats enough of this, before I get arrested by Microsoft's secret brigade.

Too Late:

Good Evening Sir, Please step out of the Operating System. I want to see your License and EULA please...

h
nikkels

Aug 10, 2007
6:37 AM EDT
Yes Sir. Would you like to see my Kubuntu licence, my PCLinuxOS licence or my Mandriva licence ?
tuxchick

Aug 10, 2007
10:27 AM EDT
Of course it hardly matters whether your windows install disk is infected or clean, because your installation will receive a warm welcome into the World Wide Botnet as soon as it is connected to the Internet.
jsusanka

Aug 10, 2007
10:41 AM EDT
"I have windows because I have to"

yup me too it is forced down my throat everyday when I don't even need it to do my job.

microsoft loves piracy and anything else they say about it is just a lie.

now when enough people pirate their stuff then they will raise a stink because then it is time to pay them and that is why they love piracy.
helios

Aug 10, 2007
10:41 AM EDT
because your installation will receive a warm welcome into the World Wide Botnet as soon as it is connected to the Internet.

And thus was born The HeliOS Challenge.

http://www.lobby4linux.com/index.php?option=com_content&task...

Issued to Steve Ballmer directly btw, Certified mail, return receipt requested.
hkwint

Aug 10, 2007
1:22 PM EDT
Great threat, new words are invented here, like defudding, and Genuine Pirated Windows.

On the other hand, I don't hope all Pirate-Bay images contain spy/crap/mall/MoreSh1t™-ware. If that would be true, someone I installed Windows XP for has a problem right now... I never trusted the word Start in the Start-bar being replaced by "Atjih" anyway.

Quoting:Issued to Steve Ballmer directly

Well, then there's bad news for ya: He can't type you a letter back in mSword, because he took the HeliOS challenge (and lost...)
dinotrac

Aug 10, 2007
7:13 PM EDT
> Genuine Pirated Windows.

Leading to the great Disney sequel:

Windows of the Caribbean - Blue Screen of Death
azerthoth

Aug 10, 2007
7:34 PM EDT
I was thinking more along the lines of a WWII movie

Enemy of the Gates
helios

Aug 10, 2007
9:22 PM EDT
Thank you Az...

One down 29, 999, 999 to go
dinotrac

Aug 11, 2007
1:46 AM EDT
>Enemy of the Gates

Or, perhaps,

Blowhard

The story of a courageous Everyman programmer who goes into work one day to discover that all of the computer users on his network have been taken hostage by a ranting bald terrorist who threatens to convert them to Vista one by one until his demands are met. Also known as Bad Breath of a Salesman.
hkwint

Aug 11, 2007
1:56 AM EDT
Or perhaps:

Secret Windows

In which Johny Depp, after a long time, finally finds a PC standing behind a closet in a window in the wall, and guess what, that PC runs Vista and is spying him!
Bob_Robertson

Aug 11, 2007
12:12 PM EDT
"The Microsoft Delusion: The Virus of Faith"

Where Richard Dawkins takes aim at those who refuse to honestly examine their OS, take statements about security and interoperability for the Truth even whev faced with pervasive evidence to the contrary, and relates how defense of "moderate" Windows believers shields the raging abusers from scrutiny.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!