Sco Group declares bankruptcy

Forum: LXer Meta ForumTotal Replies: 9
Author Content
number6x

Sep 14, 2007
1:11 PM EDT
The SCO Group declares Bankruptcy.

Groklaw has the press release: http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20070914152904577

Tuxrocks has the bankruptcy filing: http://sco.tuxrocks.com/Docs/SCO_CH11/SCO_CH11-1-B.pdf

(ps Editors: I have a story in the queue)
gus3

Sep 14, 2007
7:25 PM EDT
DIE SCO DIE

There, someone had to say it.

BTW, it's German for "The sco, the."
dinotrac

Sep 14, 2007
7:36 PM EDT
My heart bleeds.
Scott_Ruecker

Sep 14, 2007
7:44 PM EDT
I agree, I am crying alligator tears of pain and anguish.. ;-)
gus3

Sep 14, 2007
8:46 PM EDT
There, there. (hands X-Scale-y tissue to SR)
azerthoth

Sep 14, 2007
11:15 PM EDT
You can get the full list of people that they owe money to off of one of the links from groklaw, its a LONG list. Novell is on it. However while browsing over it I noticed an awful lot of italian food joints too and a smattering of others. Interestingly enough, and strangely enough Roberto Gonzales, is on there too, falling on the same day that he leaves his post as Attorney General. It's not a mistaken identity he is actually listed as the A.G. One has to wonder ...
Sander_Marechal

Sep 14, 2007
11:46 PM EDT
Whohoo! Good news!

Now I'm anxiosly waiting for a "What happens next" article from PJ, explaining in layman's terms how it will effect the cases. IIRC the US Trustee that they'll get appointed has the power to replace management. I presume new management would want to resolve the lawsuits as soon as possible. I don't think they can drop them (and even if they did, the counterclaims would still stand) but I'm not sure.

C'mon PJ! What happens next?
Abe

Sep 15, 2007
5:48 AM EDT
Quoting:C'mon PJ! What happens next?
I had a dream last night about MS going Bankrupt. Don't laugh, stranger things happen. :)

jacog

Sep 16, 2007
2:01 AM EDT
> BTW, it's German for "The sco, the."

I bet Germans and the Dutch must have thought "Die Hard" was an entirely diferent kind of film.
Sander_Marechal

Sep 16, 2007
5:43 AM EDT
Not to mention the sequel "That stiff: That stiffer" :-)

(hard is also a Dutch word, meaning stiff, tough, hard, etcetera).

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [Editors, MEMBERS, SITEADMINS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!