Any OS X experts out there?

Forum: LXer Meta ForumTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
techiem2

Sep 18, 2007
10:06 AM EDT
Ok, we have two teachers with mac notebooks and I'm working on attempting to get one connecting to our wireless. He's running Panther at the moment, and says other wireless networks work fine.

We are using chillispot as our access controller. When someone connects to the wireless, they get a lease as usual. When they try to open a web site, they are supposed to be redirected to the chillispot TOS page at 192.168.182.1. They hit accept on the terms, and are sent to the login page at chilli.ourdomain.com (which is actually the other ethernet card in the box I believe). They login, and are authed to use the internet.

So normally, this works as expected. In windows and linux (I run linux primarily on my work laptop of course). However, it's not working on the mac. When he opens a browser, it goes immediately to a dns failure page instead of going to the chillispot page. When we put in the 192.168.182.1 IP to connect to, it tries to connect to chilli.ourdomain.com and dns fails again.

Any mac experts have any suggestions? I don't know much about macs, and he's not exactly a power user. :)
rijelkentaurus

Sep 18, 2007
12:24 PM EDT
Won't they still have a resolv.conf? Is that misconfigured? Total guess here...I ain't the Mac guy here by a long shot.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [Editors, MEMBERS, SITEADMINS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!