An awesome WM - if they ever finish it

Story: Enlightenment Channel at LXerTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
herzeleid

Sep 20, 2007
10:04 PM EDT
I love look and feel of e17, found it almost breathtaking in fact, and would love to make e17 my default WM. But alas, it seems stuck in a permanent dev stage, last I checked anyway. Please, do send me an async callback when it's ready. Til then I'll muddle through with other WMs

-- KDE/SuSE 10.2 - Unix since 1984, Linux since 1993, SuSE since 2004 Linux 2.6.23-rc7-default #3 SMP Wed Sep 19 20:20:53 PDT 2007 i686
techiem2

Sep 21, 2007
7:59 AM EDT
I always thought e was a nice wm. Not the best for me right now (hooray for fluxbox), but definitely one of the nicer ones. I remember being quite disappointed back in the days when I used gnome when they dumped e as the default wm for it.
gus3

Sep 21, 2007
10:45 PM EDT
They dumped e in favor of Sawfish (nee Sawmill), which I still run. Who'da thunk you could build a window manager in LISP?

Aside: I can't stand Metacity. It's too simplistic in it's "but of course, you want to do that THIS way, right?" approach. Many reasons for which I revile MS Windows also apply to Metacity.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!