idiots

Story: A Death Threat From A Puppy Linux SupporterTotal Replies: 13
Author Content
nikkels

Oct 09, 2007
3:10 AM EDT
It seems to me that as the linux community is growing, the amount of idiots in it is also growing.

There isn't much we can do about it. The best way is to totally ignore the assholes, but.........it's rather difficult, as we all like to defend whatever we love.

thenixedreport

Oct 09, 2007
4:45 AM EDT
The problem is the individual in question stated that they weren't a regular Puppy Linux user. Go to the Distrowatch Weekly thread, and look at comment #90 again.... the beginning part.
dinotrac

Oct 09, 2007
6:10 AM EDT
>The problem is the individual in question

The problem is that the individual in question is a moron who posted something on the internet that could be read as a death threat, whether intended that way or not.
thenixedreport

Oct 09, 2007
8:59 AM EDT
I agree what they did was not wise. What I am arguing is that there is the implication, or appearance, that it was a supporter of Puppy Linux that said those words when they stated that they were not a regular user of Puppy Linux and only used a CD for troubleshooting issues they were having with their own equipment. The point they appeared to be attempting to make was this: instead of complaining about the problem, they decided to do some troubleshooting of said problem.
dinotrac

Oct 09, 2007
9:51 AM EDT
>What I am arguing is that there is the implication, or appearance, that it was a supporter of Puppy Linux

Who cares?

In this case, that matters about as much as the poster's preference for eggs sunnyside up or over easy.

I seriously doubt that anybody blamed the Beatles for the Manson family murders, even though Charles Manson claimed to receive code messages in their music. Helter Skelter, man.
tuxchick

Oct 09, 2007
10:19 AM EDT
Yes, it's rather like Enderle, Darl, and the other SCO idiots accusing FOSS supporters of issuing death threats and DDoS attacks. I don't have any linkies handy, but I do recall many credible articles debunking the DDoS guff, and ole Darl only had that bodyguard around long enough for photo ops.
thenixedreport

Oct 09, 2007
2:43 PM EDT
Who cares? I do. If in the title it says that a supporter gave out a death threat, then I expect the one who allegedly did so was actually a supporter of that distro, but.... they weren't even a regular user (and stated as such, rather poorly I might add, in their post).

As for tuxchick, right on. The problem here is that when someone says something, I expect their information to be accurate and not spun to make things look like what they aren't. It's the same as when I post an article here, and I expect people to scrutinize it and tell me when I've been an idiot, etc...
ColonelPanik

Oct 09, 2007
4:36 PM EDT
Linux people are supposed to be weird.
tuxchick

Oct 09, 2007
4:44 PM EDT
Weird is fine, but we can do without the "death to the infidels" demographic.
The_Joker

Nov 24, 2007
8:44 AM EDT
Wake up people! The threat from Puppy Linux is real.

Consider the evidence: 1.) It's fans are rabid. 2.) It comes from a nation that distributes a mind-altering chemical worldwide (Fosters). 3.) It loads itself into memory like a virus.

The other day, my neighbor's chihuahua, foaming at the mouth, lunged at me. Safe in my apartment, I began to wonder, perhaps there is something to these charges against Puppy Linux after all, so I did an investigation of its creator, Barry Kauler. What did I find?

That this linux is in fact the first step towards Aussie world domination. Look at the picture at the top of this page: http://puppylinux.org/wikka/AboutPuppy/

What do you see over the BLOOD-RED word "PUPPY" (sounds innocent doesn't it?)? A chihuhua with a poppy flower in its mouth. This raises some questions:

A.) What is an outbacker doing with Mexican dogs in the first place? answer 1: He is training an army of attack dogs in a remote desert region, they have to come from a similar locale, the desert, to survive. answer 2: He can easily have this army of Mexican dogs "emigrate" into the U.S. under the nose of immigration officials unnoticed. Clever, eh?

B.) Why is the dog wearing a military hat? answer: It is a diabolical downunder deed, a plot to take over North America, starting with promoting Linux, an operating system known to confuse and intimidate the unsuspecting, innocent Windows users who were minding their own business when this upstart creates mayhem.

C.) Why does the dog have a poppy flower in it's mouth? answer: It is well known that Tasmania is one of the world's leading producers of Opium poppies. Kauler is obviously drugging him to make him take ANY orders on command, no matter how viscious.

I have received word from others who are watching the Puppy Linux trend that Kauler is also the master-mind of the Roo Virus. It hops from computer to computer and unleashes a pouch-full of evil outback code. We have only one message to Barry Kauler: just drink your bloody stubbies, watch footie, and leave the rest of us alone!

Linux Unleashed, indeed!
ColonelPanik

Nov 24, 2007
10:51 AM EDT
The_Joker, You need a chin strap for that tin-foil helmet, it seems to be slipping.

But I believe everything you said.
Scott_Ruecker

Nov 24, 2007
11:44 AM EDT
Joker, your hilarious and I am with you all the way!

Darn dogs with their outlaw Linux OS!!

LOL!!
Bob_Robertson

Nov 24, 2007
1:22 PM EDT
Gee. My conspiracy theories are just too _dull_. No beer.
ColonelPanik

Nov 24, 2007
4:20 PM EDT
Bob, Hey I believe yours also, all of them. Even the true ones.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!