no link

Story: Geubuntu: When a Gnome marry EnlightenmentTotal Replies: 7
Author Content
nikkels

Oct 11, 2007
10:58 PM EDT
when I access their page, both torrent download links tell me : forbidden.

Nice to meet you, Geubuntu
tuxchick

Oct 12, 2007
7:13 AM EDT
Is this site a hoax? None of the tabs work, so I can't even get to a download page. Most of the page is devoted to, pardon the expression, click-whoring.
hkwint

Oct 12, 2007
1:57 PM EDT
Well TC, there seems a lot of actual content, so even when the tabs don't work and it's a long time ago I visited such a slow site, someone actually took efforts to make content. Normally, click-whoring doesn't contain any content; these are only links. Therefore I assume it is not a hoax and posting it was the good thing to do, but I understand your concerns.
herzeleid

Oct 12, 2007
1:57 PM EDT
The screen shots are dreamy.

Finally, someone got tired of waiting for e17 to be finished, and filled in the missing pieces with frog dna^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H gnome parts.

I'd love to try it out if anyone finds a working link.

jdixon

Oct 12, 2007
2:05 PM EDT
> I'd love to try it out if anyone finds a working link.

Try:

http://www.geubuntu.intilinux.com/Download.html

and see if that gets you anywhere.

The sunshine torrent link seems to go to LinuxTracker.org, and the torrent download there seems to work.
tuxchick

Oct 12, 2007
2:18 PM EDT
The site linked to in the story is the weird one, http://linuxmini.blogspot.com/2007/10/geubuntu-when-gnome-ma... nnot the Geubuntu site.

There are tabs that say 'Download' and 'Link' that go to the screenshot at the top of the article. 'Home' goes to a 404 page. There does seem to be some actual content on the site, but it's overwhelmed by all the click-fodder stuff.
jdixon

Oct 12, 2007
4:23 PM EDT
> The site linked to in the story is the weird one,

Sorry TC, my response was to herzeleid's request for a working download link. I've edited my response to make that clear.
hkwint

Oct 13, 2007
3:10 PM EDT
Quoting:There does seem to be some actual content on the site, but it's overwhelmed by all the click-fodder stuff.

Sounds like we need a Greasemonkey script for that site, which only lets content pass.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!