Fellow PayPal victims need to use my recording.

Story: Pay Pal is lying on the internet in their agreement. I have a Live Recording!Total Replies: 21
Author Content
usacomputertec

Oct 22, 2007
1:49 PM EDT
I think that together all of the PayPal victims coming together and stating in court what PayPal has done to them and why it is unconstitutional, misleading, and negligent on PayPal's part would be a great stride in the right direction. After getting our money back from PayPal I think we should set up a legal organization that works with the government to find and protect victims of unjust companies like PayPal. I don't see why anyone would object to this.
azerthoth

Oct 22, 2007
3:41 PM EDT
Other than yet another government agency monitoring and controlling yet another aspect the market. I mean they have done such a bang up job of regulating things so far I can see why that would be attractive. */sarcasm*
tracyanne

Oct 22, 2007
6:30 PM EDT
Quoting:I mean they have done such a bang up job of regulating things so far I can see why that would be attractive.

The thing is the US Government does very little to regulate the market, except to create laws that pander to the largest and most monopolistic corporations, so perhaps a government agency that actually monitors and controls this aspect of the market would be good. On the other hand this too would all too likely be corrupted, so it's probably a bad idea until something is done to reduce corruption.
NoDough

Oct 23, 2007
4:19 AM EDT
Quoting:...until something is done to reduce corruption.
Great. And while we are modifying human nature, maybe we can stop war, murder, rape, etc. Unfortunately human nature isn't so easily modified.

Power corrupts. If you centralize power (government regulation) corruption will follow. The only thing you can do to reduce corruption is to distribute power over a large group so that everyone has a little, but no one has a lot. That is one of the base tenets of the free market. (Oh yeah. And also of a little thing called FOSS.)

Quoting:The thing is the US Government does very little to regulate the market, except to create laws that pander to the largest and most monopolistic corporations...
Which is still government using its power to manipulate the free market.
tracyanne

Oct 23, 2007
1:22 PM EDT
Quoting:The only thing you can do to reduce corruption is to distribute power over a large group so that everyone has a little, but no one has a lot.

That's the point of Democracy.
jdixon

Oct 23, 2007
1:30 PM EDT
> That's the point of Democracy.

True Democracy gives you tyranny by the majority, so even it's not a perfect solution. :(

A limited Democracy seems to be the best system we've found, but even it seems to have a limited lifespan, somewhere on the order of 200-500 years historically speaking.
usacomputertec

Oct 23, 2007
6:01 PM EDT
I don't think that what we are dealing with is human nature here. I think that the present day standard of what morality is has been scued and affected by the Devil himself. I don't think it's in human nature to do as Micro$oft does or any of the big companies that take advantage of people. Normally in a society where there are good people and in that society about a 10th are bad even the bad people have respect. Our society has about 1 10th of people that are good and pure. People that live according to the standards that our country was founded on. The standards of Jesus Christ.

Thats just what I believe. Not that we need to force Christianity on everyone.
dinotrac

Oct 24, 2007
6:20 AM EDT
>Not that we need to force Christianity on everyone.

No, but a little more "Love thy neighbor" and "that which you do for the least among you, you do for me" and stuff like that...wouldn't be terribly tragic.
jdixon

Oct 24, 2007
7:27 AM EDT
> "that which you do for the least among you, you do for me"

Which unfortunately usually requires money. And when the government takes 50% of what you make (28% federal income tax, 7% fica, 6% state income tax, and 5% state sales tax, just for starters where I live and at my income level), mostly in the name of providing for those same people, how much do you have left over to give?
dinotrac

Oct 24, 2007
12:45 PM EDT
>7% fica

Bad news..but that is only have the story. You actually pay 15.3%. The other half is called employer's contribution, but you actually pay. It just doesn't show up on your paycheck so you can't as easily see how much you're being gouged for SS.
jdixon

Oct 24, 2007
12:55 PM EDT
> You actually pay 15.3%.

Yeah, I know that Dino. But that gets complicated for folks to follow, and there's no reason to confuse them about the matter.
dinotrac

Oct 24, 2007
5:22 PM EDT
>there's no reason to confuse them about the matter.

More accurately, I guess, there is no reason to disturb their current state of confusion.

Except that, Social Security will become an issue again sooner than later -- especially with Boomers starting to retire -- and those poor confused people will think they're only paying half as much as they are. They will think that SS tax increases are half of what they actually are.

Sigh.

tracyanne

Oct 25, 2007
12:54 AM EDT
Quoting:People that live according to the standards that our country was founded on. The standards of Jesus Christ.

Purile rubbsh. The US was founded on the principles of free trade.
montezuma

Oct 25, 2007
4:00 AM EDT
And also on the separation of church and state:

"Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties"

Thomas Jefferson 1802 (Letter to Danbury Baptists)

number6x

Oct 25, 2007
6:19 AM EDT
Did Jesus lose money with his paypal account?

Did Thomas Jefferson lose money selling to some scam artist in Nigeria?

What does paypal or any of this have to do with Linux and Linux news?

Lets get on topic or drop the thread. I'm sure there are online venues for politics, religion and paypal.

I'm not arguing that you are not entitled to your own beliefs and opinions on a wide range of topics, but LXer is not the place for these specific topics.
dinotrac

Oct 25, 2007
6:35 AM EDT
>Purile rubbsh. The US was founded on the principles of free trade.

Pure rubbish. Sounds like you need to do a little readin', child.
thenixedreport

Oct 25, 2007
11:57 PM EDT
Eh hem....... Back on topic.....

Justin, are there any updates?
usacomputertec

Oct 26, 2007
1:09 PM EDT
Well I'm going to call the state Insurance comissioner when they are open and see what they will do. Meanwhile I’m getting help and support. I got some nice replies to my posts here http://screw-paypal.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=461#461 and here http://screw-paypal.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=459#459 .

Thanks for your support here to.
tracyanne

Oct 26, 2007
8:31 PM EDT
Quoting:Sounds like you need to do a little readin', child.

Sounds like you need to stop believing in fairy tales.
usacomputertec

Oct 28, 2007
6:50 PM EDT
tracyanne I seem to have a bunch of legal consultants that are all telling me that I have a big case against PayPal. Even some tell me I can take them to court in my home town.
thenixedreport

Oct 28, 2007
11:59 PM EDT
The whole point is that PayPal uses plenty of FOSS. Can you see how this is related now? Imagine the fear-mongering that can ensue because of this.
NoDough

Oct 29, 2007
11:38 AM EDT
Quoting:tracyanne I seem to have a bunch of legal consultants...
Justin, I think Tracyanne was responding to Dino's post above.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!