to difficult. :-)

Story: How to get the M$ out of XP and VistaTotal Replies: 8
Author Content
nikkels

Oct 28, 2007
7:35 PM EDT
To me , this is easier type " tinyxp torrents " in the google bar. Download. Install.
thenixedreport

Oct 28, 2007
9:56 PM EDT
The question is this: Is tinyxp software that's for sale and must be licensed? Also, I don't see an official website for the darn thing. Or is it a hack of XP, and in which case, what are the legal implications?
usacomputertec

Oct 28, 2007
10:06 PM EDT
Good Question thenixedreport
thenixedreport

Oct 28, 2007
10:50 PM EDT
Justin. Please call me Thomas. That was way too creepy.... lol.
nikkels

Oct 28, 2007
11:28 PM EDT
Tinyxp is simply winxp reduced to 100Mb with an app like nlite ( or something like that ). You still need your official license , if you want to be legal.

It's the same as you have an official XP, and you start cutting out. Just here the work is done for you and it's tested to be good.. There are different versions with each a different footprint and amount of " cutting out "

There is nothing wrong with doing it like in the article, but this is just my lazy way.
nikkels

Oct 29, 2007
1:23 AM EDT
about the 100Mb above....that's download. Install on your HD comes to about 400 Mb

nikkels
usacomputertec

Oct 29, 2007
1:19 PM EDT
hmmmm? maybe they added GNU software
thenixedreport

Oct 29, 2007
2:09 PM EDT
The whole point is this: You're going to run into issues if the copy of XP is OEM. Doesn't matter if it's Home or Professional (Media Center is OEM by default most of the time anyway). OEM keys work from certain CD's, and not others. I've tried using an OEM key from a regular CD once, and it didn't work. The keys are CD-specific. There's upgrade, retail, OEM..... etc.... It might be a better idea to have this tutorial with screenshots showing the full process of it all. What Justin wrote about pertains to securing the OS, and if an admin is wanting to do such a thing anyway, they'll more than likely want to do it themselves than download tinyxp, so they'll have more control over it.
usacomputertec

Oct 30, 2007
2:50 PM EDT
Here is the breakdown of keys.

You must have specific keys for:

Home Upgrade Home SP1 Home SP2 Pro SP1 Pro SP2 Media Center Edition SP1 Media Center Edition SP2

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!