Ultumix 0.0.0.4 11/19/07 It seems to work much better now.

Story: UltumixLite v0.0.0.1b released yesterday!Total Replies: 0
Author Content
usacomputertec

Nov 19, 2007
8:20 PM EDT
Ultumix 0.0.0.4 11/19/07

Get it at http://www.mindblowingidea.com/Ultumix

Release Notes:

Windows Users please skip to the part below that says "For Windows Users Read Here:"

Md5 Sum: edcc9c44763cb2895c2705dc6952e Ultumix v0.0.0.4 Evaluation

This edition of Ultumix is a revision of Ultumix v0.0.0.1b

In Version 0.0.0.1 there were some illegal codecs and Cedega which were removed In Version 0.0.0.2 there were 409 packages missing In Version 0.0.0.3 ZSNES was installed and there is a possible copyright violation there

In Version 0.0.0.4 I added Nvu, 409 other packages, and went over the codec descriptions again to make sure they were all free and legal. If someone does not agree I would like them to post what codecs need to be removed in the forums at http://www.mindblowingidea.com/Ultumix. Compiz fusion has been added. ALSA drivers have not been updated to ensure that it will work on older sound cards. Please update them as necessary. VIA opencrome was not updated because it caused problems with my unicrome card on one PC I built for someone.

Version 0.0.0.4 will require a minimum of 10 GBs for the root partition. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- == For Windows Users Read Here: ==

The password for the root account is root The password for the owner account is owner

To try out Ultumix in live mode use the owner account. To install Ultumix on your PC use the root account and click install.

You should leave the owner account alone and use it as is. It's set up for Windows users to feel at home. If you decide to set up a new user account you will need to also click Control Center and change the theme to Ultumix and the window decorator to Crystal. Also you won't have all these nice icons on the desktop by default that I added to the owner account. If you dont like the Glass window decorator and are more use to XP's Red X in the upper right hand corner select AKDC Luna instead of Crystal as your Window Decorator. Don't forget to hit apply to save your settings. Changing simple settings like your desktop screensaver is as easy in Linux as it is in Windows. Just right click on the desktop and click Configure Desktop. From here you can change anything you wish.

Most Windows users seem to have the most problems with logging in to a user account. Just click on owner and type owner for the password. Thats all you need to do.

If you have questions after you use Ultumix please use the Forums at http://www.mindblowingidea.com/Ultumix or click Online Help on the desktop and see if anyone is online to help you live. :) Enjoy! You can e-mail me at admin@mindblowingidea.com.

I need art for the boot up screen, Logo, DVD cover, and the DVD itself. I appreciate any help I can get. To submit art send it to admin@mindblowingidea.com. Thanks.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!