Not worth the read

Story: Microsoft, Novell, SCO, and NASDAQ DelistingsTotal Replies: 29
Author Content
DarrenR114

Nov 23, 2007
12:51 PM EDT
As the author himself acknowledges, there are a lot of holes that are unfilled in this chain of paranoid "logic".

Upon reading the subject "article", I couldn't help thinking that the author's article reminds me of the character portrayed by Mel Gibson in the movie "Conspiracy Theory".

Save yourself some precious time, and don't bother with this one, folks.

-- Move along, nothing to see here.
Bob_Robertson

Nov 23, 2007
3:52 PM EDT
Hey, you want Conspiracy Theories? Here's a monster!:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-515319560256183936

tracyanne

Nov 23, 2007
4:05 PM EDT
I started watching that video, but I swear I had to turn it off, if that bloke emphasised his point one more time by waving his pen at the camera, I was going to rip his bloody head off.
Bob_Robertson

Nov 23, 2007
4:34 PM EDT
Hahahaha!

What do you want from a massive conspiracy theory? Rational people? Quality directing? Martin Scorsese was busy, I guess. Maybe Oliver Stone would like to take this one on!

Actually, I consider it a documentary. The facts and evidence presented are excellent, but this presenter's style is indeed nauseating.

bigg

Nov 23, 2007
5:03 PM EDT
> Save yourself some precious time, and don't bother with this one, folks.

With a title like that, I knew it would be good for a laugh, so I saved it for a break. Not that the article itself is funny, just the fact that someone would actually be serious about it and put so much time into stringing everything together. I know we're going to see a Microsoft-Novell connection to 9/11 pretty soon. Maybe Novell has WMD's.
gus3

Nov 23, 2007
5:59 PM EDT
> Maybe Novell has WMD's.

Well, their partner Microsoft already has lots of WMV's and WMA's, and everyone knows that strong encryption is a tool for terrorists.

(Conspiracy nutjob-y enough?)
helios

Nov 25, 2007
7:28 AM EDT
Conspiracy nutjob-y enough?...

A masterpiece as a matter of fact. Nice work.

h
jdixon

Nov 25, 2007
7:41 AM EDT
> Maybe Novell has WMD's.

I though GCC qualified as a weapon of mass development?
Abe

Nov 25, 2007
1:00 PM EDT
Quoting:Actually, I consider it a documentary.
Bob,

Thank you very much for the link and I am glad you clarified what it really is in your 2nd post. It is a very valuable documentary and I am still listening to it now. It is amazingly informative. I don't see it as a conspiracy at all, on the contrary, it is a documentary full of historical facts.

It asserts my believe and justifies my despise to both interest and taxes. The two are the fuel that the "money changers" run and thrives on and should be abolished.

Quoting:A masterpiece as a matter of fact. Nice work.

I couldn't agree more.

If anything, some of the posts in this thread show how much MS, using Novell, have infiltrated into F/OSS.

Very unfortunate.

ColonelPanik

Nov 25, 2007
1:55 PM EDT
Wonder if DHS watches this forum?

Those damn Linux people are hard to herd.
tracyanne

Nov 25, 2007
4:01 PM EDT
Quoting:Those damn Linux people are hard to herd.

A bit like herding cats and Atheists, rarely do you get two going in the same direction, and even less the one you want them to go in.
Bob_Robertson

Nov 26, 2007
7:35 AM EDT
> Wonder if DHS watches this forum?

The NSA uses natural language recognition software to scan everything, setting flags for human analysts to check. They then feed any information to the other departments. CIA if international, DHS and FBI (how's that for redundancy!) if domestic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Puzzle_Palace

DHS might very well also be scanning and monitoring, but only so as to create as much redundant employment and waste as possible. After all, bigger staffs and larger budgets are the only measure by which a bureaucracy can tell if they are "successful". DHS is exceptionally successful as a bureaucracy, regardless of their failure as a peace-keeping agency.

ColonelPanik

Nov 26, 2007
9:35 AM EDT
Bob, Hey you just described Mostly$oft: "...but only so as to create as much redundant employment and waste as possible. ...is exceptionally successful as a bureaucracy..."

DHS CIA FBI SOB MGM TWA LUG LWN LX'r

Stamp-out TLA's
Sander_Marechal

Nov 27, 2007
12:11 AM EDT
No! TLA's are the lubricant of IT :-)

I remember someone quipping that "The biggest hurdle faced by IT in the next decade is that there are only 17 thousand TLAs".
jacog

Nov 27, 2007
1:13 AM EDT
17576, if you want to be nitpicky.
jdixon

Nov 27, 2007
3:01 AM EDT
> 17576, if you want to be nitpicky.

Only if you limit yourself to the Roman alphabet.
Bob_Robertson

Nov 27, 2007
3:58 AM EDT
> Only if you limit yourself to the Roman alphabet.

Good point. :^)

(hint: ":^)" is three characters)
jacog

Nov 27, 2007
4:35 AM EDT
jdixon: Yup... assuming a 26 letter alphabet... and the L in TLA implies letters only... so things like "MP3" do not count as TLAs technically. But then people do count those as TLAs, so perhaps TCA might be more appropriate.
jezuch

Nov 27, 2007
5:34 AM EDT
How about diacritics?

ŚĆŹ, ĄŻĘ, ŁÓŃ
jdixon

Nov 27, 2007
6:20 AM EDT
> ...and the L in TLA implies letters...

Yes, but it does not imply Roman letters. As a simple example, adding Greek letters would expand the range considerably.
ColonelPanik

Nov 27, 2007
6:31 AM EDT
OMFG ROTFLMAO
Bob_Robertson

Nov 27, 2007
12:58 PM EDT
Oh great, 12 letter acronyms.
azerthoth

Nov 27, 2007
1:35 PM EDT
Thats OK,

Twelve Letter Acronym

Still reduces nicely to TLA.
jezuch

Nov 27, 2007
3:17 PM EDT
Remember that TLA is a TLA. Doesn't work for 12-letter acronym. Don't ruin the magic!!
ColonelPanik

Nov 27, 2007
4:27 PM EDT
Any of you do LRF support for laptops?
NoDough

Nov 27, 2007
6:50 PM EDT
I am always losing a LRF. Don't know what causes them to go, but it's darn hard to find one compatible with those remaining on the system.

Know any good sources?
jacog

Nov 28, 2007
12:20 AM EDT
jdixon: "Yes, but it does not imply Roman letters. As a simple example, adding Greek letters would expand the range considerably."

Sorry... I was writing that in response to Bob R's " ;^) " ... I kinda mangled my thoughts together there a bit.
jdixon

Nov 28, 2007
2:54 AM EDT
> I kinda mangled my thoughts together there a bit.

I think we've all done that at one time or another. :)

Well, except for Dino. You can ask him, he'll tell you. :)
Bob_Robertson

Nov 28, 2007
4:38 AM EDT
> You can ask him, he'll tell you.

He has.
ColonelPanik

Nov 28, 2007
7:04 AM EDT
NoDough, Sure do, just use a dab of RTV. Also the rubber pads for glass table tops works.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!