This Gives Me an Idea.....

Story: Unblocking Blockheads or, Some People Should Not Use Computers or, "The Marching Morons" Comes TrueTotal Replies: 0
Author Content
thenixedreport

Jan 11, 2008
10:48 PM EDT
I read the entire article. It was timely of me to do so since I am doing a bit of a project myself. I am learning how to do a re-master of PCLOS for the fun of it, but I want to get something out of it too: mainly knowledge that can be applied to help other people learn how to operate a computer that is not laden with Microsoft software. ;)

I want some ideas from you concerning the interface (and suggesting that a switch be made to GNOME will not count.... lol... I'm sticking to the current interface, KDE, for the time being). What applications would you recommend be installed for a new user? How should the whole thing look? If tutorials are made, what format should they be in, and should there be tutorials for general operation, or for all the aps that are going to be used?

I'd like some input at this point, even though I have already made a re-master of sorts. I still have more to learn on getting it right (i.e. how to get rid of the "user" user account on first boot after installation of the new master and getting the blasted desktop shortcut icons to stay in the same friggin' place). I am doing all of this inside of Virtual Box, and I may be doing multiple editions targeted at different users. The question is, should I make multiple re-masters that target different audiences or just one comprehensive re-master. I would prefer that it be a CD instead of a DVD.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!