The Undead

Story: SCO Group returns from the dead to haunt LinuxTotal Replies: 9
Author Content
ColonelPanik

Feb 15, 2008
7:35 AM EDT
Zombies eh, well that calls for Voodoo not lawyers.

This whole SCO thing is sick. There goes the neighborhood.
jdixon

Feb 15, 2008
8:01 AM EDT
Hmm, I bet a fps game using the SCO offices as the location would probably be extremely popular with Linux users. You could even give it an undead theme.
herzeleid

Feb 15, 2008
8:05 AM EDT
> Hmm, I bet a fps game using the SCO offices as the location would probably be extremely popular with Linux users. You could even give it an undead theme.

A great doom level. SCO management as zombies, lawyers as pinkies etc.
tuxtom

Feb 15, 2008
8:16 AM EDT
Bill Gates is the big monster in the final level.
theboomboomcars

Feb 15, 2008
8:55 AM EDT
does this mean that SCO will be able to pay novell what is owed to them?
zenarcher

Feb 15, 2008
9:19 AM EDT
"Unnamed Middle Eastern partners." Sounds like "Bill bin Gates" and his "Al Microsoft" insurgents doing the funding. ;)
nalf38

Feb 15, 2008
9:27 AM EDT
According to linuxwatch.com, part of the buyout agreement is that Darl McBride be fired.

theboomcars: SCO probably won't pay a penny. The company bought a majority stake in SCO, and they'll probably vote to take SCO private, where they can declare Chapter 11 bankruptcy and erase all their debts, including those owed to Novell.
gus3

Feb 15, 2008
9:52 AM EDT
I thought SCO is already in Chapter 11? Part of approving the Ch11 process is that the petitioner must show a reasonable plan for restoring financial solvency. If they can do that, they get some temporary protection from creditors, supposedly. (True to form, SCO is gaming the system WRT that part.)
NoDough

Feb 15, 2008
11:33 AM EDT
FTA >> Despite an attempt to begin a new line of mobile-computing software called Me, ...

Software called "Me" that failed. Hmmm.

gus3 >> I thought SCO is already in Chapter 11?

Yeah, they are. I'm wondering if nalf38 meant Chapter 7. That would, of course, require them to dissolve the company. However, they could sell the assets to a friend for some paltry amount, wait 91 days, declare Chapter 7, dissolve the company, then go to work for their friend. (Happens all the time.)
DarrenR114

Feb 15, 2008
1:29 PM EDT
The trouble is that it's not a "debt" that is owed to Novell.

What is owed to Novell is their own revenue that was received by SCOG from their clients, and should have been remitted to Novell, minus a 5% administrative fee.

It was never SCOG's money in the first place, and therefore isn't really considered a "debt" per se.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!