Free?

Story: Running Abyss, a small but feature rich web serverTotal Replies: 9
Author Content
theboomboomcars

Feb 27, 2008
7:45 PM EDT
I can't find how this is licensed. Is it Free or just free? If anyone found a link to the license please let me know, as I am curious.
Sander_Marechal

Feb 27, 2008
10:09 PM EDT
No need to look for the license. The story itself already says that it's free-as-in-beer, not Free-as-in-freedom.
theboomboomcars

Feb 28, 2008
5:23 AM EDT
Thanks Sander.

Somehow I don't think the Apache people are going to worry to much about this one.
tuxchick

Feb 28, 2008
7:45 AM EDT
Lighttpd is really nice when you want a small and capable HTTP server. There are a couple others that are also good which I forget at the moment, and they're all FOSS. I don't know why any Linux or Unix admins would want Abyss, though it might be a good alternative to *shudder* IIS for windows admins.
rijelkentaurus

Feb 28, 2008
8:04 AM EDT
DSL has monkey.
kingttx

Feb 28, 2008
1:38 PM EDT
Abyss is dead simple to administer - have you seen their control console? Good tools, especially for dealing with certificates. I'm passively looking for something similar for Apache now, although webmin isn't too far off.
Sander_Marechal

Feb 28, 2008
2:40 PM EDT
Quoting:Abyss is dead simple to administer

That's what I think of Apache. The only thing that'll get me banging my head against the wall are mod_rewrite rules in .htaccess files, because they apply recursively. But that's really more of a web developer issue than an Apache administration issue.
tuxchick

Feb 28, 2008
5:05 PM EDT
Quoting: DSL has monkey.

I may use that as a sig.
tracyanne

Feb 28, 2008
5:11 PM EDT
I'l just stick to the little monkeys they serve at my local cafe.
rijelkentaurus

Feb 28, 2008
7:15 PM EDT
Quoting: I may use that as a sig.

LOL!!!

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!