Author Content
Scott_Ruecker

Mar 03, 2008
11:03 PM EDT
Which would you pick?

An ASUS EeePC for $399

or the Everex Mini for $499

?

Oh wait, I could get both for less than 1000 bucks..

Hmm...

The only question left for both is, can I upgrade the RAM?

jdixon

Mar 04, 2008
5:16 AM EDT
> Which would you pick?

The Asus, hands down.
Steven_Rosenber

Mar 04, 2008
10:49 AM EDT
The Everex Mini looks like a small-form-factor mini-ITX desktop PC, to which you add your own monitor, keyboard and mouse. Since I have no idea what the specs are, I can't say how good or bad the price is (or if that's, in fact, even going to be the price). Kinda reminds me of the Zonbu (minus the monthly fee).

Mini-ITX hardware is generally way more expensive and underpowered compared to larger form factors. At least Intel is shaking it up a bit with its two sub-$100 motherboards.
dinotrac

Mar 04, 2008
11:50 AM EDT
Steve --

Dual core Pentium mobile 1.86 is not too shabby for an itsy bitsy, nor are the on-board Intel graphics.

Bet it would make a rockin' Myth box, especially for HD.
tracyanne

Mar 04, 2008
11:56 AM EDT
Quoting:Dual core Pentium mobile 1.86 is not too shabby for an itsy bitsy, nor are the on-board Intel graphics.

By way of comparison my laptop is a dual core Centrino 1.73 Gig CPU, and it was sold as Windows Media Centre laptop., which in my opinion makes the Everex a very capable machine, especially if it has a Gig or more of RAM.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!