High praise indeed.

Story: You only know good when you've seen bad...Total Replies: 8
Author Content
jdixon

Mar 12, 2008
4:29 PM EDT
> I have a friend who is not only a Geek Extraordinaire..she is an Author in her own right and one of the most brilliant network admins I've the pleasure to know. We have one point of contention between us though. She contends that some people should never be allowed to touch a computer...ever.

When the Linux Oracle of Austin praises you, you know you've done good. Take a bow TC.
helios

Mar 12, 2008
4:49 PM EDT
Linux Oracle of Austin...

LOI.

My wife read that and hasn't stopped laughing since. Just about the time I think she has it under control, she looks at me, screams "Oh My Oracle!" and bursts into renewed fits of laughter.

I guess when you can look behind the curtain any time you wish, some of the magick wears off.

"The Oracle" must now go take out the trash.

h
jdixon

Mar 12, 2008
5:16 PM EDT
> My wife read that and hasn't stopped laughing since.

We all do our best to bring some small joy to the world, Ken. :)

Besides, it was the best I could come up with on short notice. There were a number of discarded options. :)
tuxchick

Mar 12, 2008
5:17 PM EDT
Oracle?? Dude! PostgreSQL!
ColonelPanik

Mar 12, 2008
5:53 PM EDT
Oh helios, when all lost you brighten my days. Oracle indeed. TC: Not everything is about computers.
tuxchick

Mar 12, 2008
6:13 PM EDT
Seriously, as long as your PhD doesn't repeat her mistakes, there is hope. Maybe it's the first time she ever felt brave enough to poke around in her computer. Maybe the boyfriend is one of those knowitalls who doesn't know anything, but still dispenses all kinds of bad advice with total confidence.

Colonel, what on earth do you mean?? Don't say that, it's giving me a panic attack!
Scott_Ruecker

Mar 12, 2008
6:48 PM EDT
Hey L.O.A.!

That is kinda cool..

and funny.

;-)

P.S. Ken, If your going to do "customer support", I don't know how to break this to you. I provide support for the agents dealing directly with the customers for a large telecommunications company and all I can say is, welcome to the party. The only difference between Genius and Stupidity is, that Genius has it's limits.
thenixedreport

Mar 12, 2008
9:10 PM EDT
Quoting:The only difference between Genius and Stupidity is, that Genius has it's limits.

Those limits include not having the brain on automatic all the time. It actually takes effort to think, no matter how high the IQ may be.
thenixedreport

Mar 12, 2008
9:49 PM EDT
The man, the myth, the living legend Linux Oracle of Austin, heeeeeeeeliooooooooooooooooooosssssee!

*the crowd goes wild as he enters the ring to throw around Steve Ballmer to avenge all the broken chairs"

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!