Will it increase sales

Story: Asus' Eee Gets Windows XP ... But Hasn't Lost Linux (Yet)Total Replies: 1
Author Content
purplewizard

Mar 16, 2008
6:37 AM EDT
I do wonder if it will actually increase sales putting XP on it. I suppose it will into the niche of people who actually have any idea what an OS is and think they must have Windows. But will that be more than the numbers who don't buy because (assuming here) the price is higher due to the cost of XP and a higher spec' machine in order to run it.

I imagine Asus marketing have guessed at some numbers somewhere.
Abe

Mar 16, 2008
9:07 AM EDT
Quoting:It's a case of the devil you know vs. the devil you don't know, and if anything went wrong at least he could always throw in his restore disc and start over.
This is assuming that the user knows how to re-install Windows from scratch, it is easy for any user to install Windows XP, it is easy to get and install all the drivers and applications again and again, user knows how to retain their information on disk, etc...

The chap makes it sound like a breeze especially when it has to be done as often as Windows craps up.

Or may be he has a point, Windows users are already experienced doing that.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!