Digital Sign System update and another php question.

Forum: LXer Meta ForumTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
techiem2

May 06, 2008
11:57 AM EDT
So I have the system working pretty well now. My web control works nicely and I think it's fairly user friendly at this point. I'm mainly doing some refining of things to make it a little more friendly, then I need to run tests with a second monitor actually hooked up (as that's what we want to display on). So on to the question:

As you probably know by now I'm controlling everything with PHP and the actual image/video processing is done via calling a perl script which runs stuff - php system() call. Now the processing posts to self, so the page reloads and shows the command output as it goes so you know it's working and so you can see any errors.

What I'm wondering is, is there any way to have that output keep it's formatting like in the console so it's not all strung together in a big block? It's not a big deal, but it would make it a little friendlier.

Thanks. Mark II
techiem2

May 06, 2008
12:27 PM EDT
Heh...I'm an idiot. It was right on the system() page at php.net. Just surround the system command with the pre html tag.
tuxchick

May 06, 2008
1:33 PM EDT
I was going to say that.
techiem2

May 07, 2008
10:36 AM EDT
To use pre or that I'm an idiot? :P
Scott_Ruecker

May 07, 2008
10:56 AM EDT
Be careful what you ask for techien2...

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [Editors, MEMBERS, SITEADMINS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!