WCPE.org

Story: NPR station WBUR Boston adds support for free audio standardTotal Replies: 13
Author Content
Bob_Robertson

May 15, 2008
9:26 AM EDT
Well, they join WCPE.org, my personal favorite webcasting radio station. They've been using ogg for years.

http://theclassicalstation.org/internet.shtml
Bob_Robertson

May 15, 2008
9:34 AM EDT
Oh, and on a related note, one of the reasons I have become an anarchist:

"On March 2, 2007 the Copyright Royalty Board in Washington made a ruling which will force many smaller public radio stations to consider shutting off their webcasting streams, and which will definitely put WCPE into a very difficult, if not impossible, situation. What's worse, the Copyright Royalty Board (CRB) has denied public broadcasting's petition for a rehearing on its decision."

http://theclassicalstation.org/save_our_streams.shtml
rijelkentaurus

May 15, 2008
9:57 AM EDT
Hey, that's Wake Forest...where in the world are you, Bob? I'm very close to Wake Forest, the school, which was originally located in Wake Forest, NC.
Bob_Robertson

May 15, 2008
11:07 AM EDT
Rocky Mount. A rail crossing about 45 miles due east of Raleigh.
rijelkentaurus

May 15, 2008
11:24 AM EDT
I know where it is. I am in Greensboro, although I spend most of my offtime in Archdale (near High Point) with my bride-to-be, where I will move once we are married.
NoDough

May 15, 2008
12:16 PM EDT
I am 15 miles due east of Wake Forest just north of highway 98. Howdy neighbor!
tuxchick

May 15, 2008
12:23 PM EDT
Married!! Quick, someone must warn the impending bride!!
rijelkentaurus

May 15, 2008
12:34 PM EDT
Looks like NC is Linux country.
NoDough

May 15, 2008
12:43 PM EDT
dcparris, former EIC of LXer is a Charlotonian... err Charlatan... oh good grief! He's from Charlotte.
bigg

May 15, 2008
1:47 PM EDT
I was living in Greenville when I finished my first successful Linux installation.
moopst

May 15, 2008
2:34 PM EDT
My sister used to live in J-ville when she was married to a Marine. Love the area, miss the azalea festival.
jacog

May 16, 2008
5:10 AM EDT
Quoting:Looks like NC is Linux country.

Well, it's home to the so-called "research triangle" - one would imagine some of the locals at least have learned something good over the years.
Bob_Robertson

May 16, 2008
5:50 AM EDT
RedHat.

Oh, and Ron Paul did his medical training at Duke in Durham.

rijelkentaurus

May 16, 2008
1:46 PM EDT
I like Ron Paul, he was my personal fave for president.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!