Digg a bad comparison for Konqueror

Story: Comparison Between Linux Web Browsers - Review of 5 Linux BrowsersTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
Bob_Robertson

May 18, 2008
3:27 PM EDT
Digg utilizes script after script after script, it's no wonder that Konqueror has problems. Even Firefox never finishes loading a Digg page, it just spins and spins and spins waiting for output while sucking up cycles.

Konqueror works for me 99% of the time. Gmail, Digg are the only sites which it has problems with, and only because both of them use lots of extensions and scripts.
tracyanne

May 18, 2008
3:48 PM EDT
I notice the same problem with FF on Yuku. My partner thinks it means the page hasn't loded. I'm forever telling her to simply click the stop button.
Scott_Ruecker

May 18, 2008
7:25 PM EDT
Quoting:Konqueror works for me 99% of the time. Gmail, Digg are the only sites which it has problems with, and only because both of them use lots of extensions and scripts.

I Couldn't agree more about the infinite page load on Digg in FF Bob. I would use KQ more but I cannot live without my Gmail and whether I like it or not, I end up on Digg all the time too. So it makes using KQ really hard. The only way to get anything done using a browser is first, not having to switch browsers to get anything done.

I will admit, LXer looks the best in KQ out of all the browsers, FF comes in a close second, and IE?..ugh!

gus3

May 18, 2008
7:53 PM EDT
I have Digg black-holed in my /etc/hosts file.
tuxchick

May 18, 2008
8:41 PM EDT
digg is horrid. It even borks Aieee. So it's an equal-opportunity crappy site :)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!