This is should be removed

Story: How the regular Windows user sees LinuxTotal Replies: 11
Author Content
questioner

Nov 04, 2008
11:02 PM EDT
This post contains excessive swearing, along with frequent use of juvenile emoticons in an attempt to convey its poor argument. Aside from being inappropriate for a general audience, it has nothing useful to add. It is a flame, and can only provoke more flaming. Proper moderation is needed.
Scott_Ruecker

Nov 04, 2008
11:15 PM EDT
I count only a couple of curse words in the text of the article (nothing I thought was enough to decline it), all the rest are from the comments underneath it. I cannot control what people say about an article on other websites.

questioner

Nov 04, 2008
11:20 PM EDT
A few is still some that are there. How many above the age of 18, who have completed above secondary school education would write something like this? The point remains that this is a useless rant typical of a 13 year old. Can this be deleted?
Scott_Ruecker

Nov 04, 2008
11:53 PM EDT
Yes, it can. But I other than the fact that you do not like any cursing what-so-ever, I see no reason to remove it. I will need something other than you not liking it, for me to consider it.

rijelkentaurus

Nov 05, 2008
12:12 AM EDT
Well, I got seasick looking at the site. It's juvenile garbage...not "news" under any sense, not a thoughtful, incisive article, really nothing more than a website meant to incite a flamewar. I don't find it offensive, just stupid...and I personally don't think it's something LXer needs to be associated with. Scott, I'll not blame you for keeping it up...but I wouldn't cry to see it taken down. I think calling it a "rant typical of a 13 year old" is quite kind and far too forgiving.

Just my O, yo.
moopst

Nov 05, 2008
1:59 AM EDT
I'd have to say I agree, this has no merit, it's just an offensive Weenie-Dos fanboy rant. That's three strikes. What puts it over the top is he expects someone to admit "winxp is good". No one I know would say that, not even people who have never seen an alternative OS. Not even our .net developers who think they're doing "web" development.

I vote to yank it.
jdixon

Nov 05, 2008
5:49 AM EDT
> it's just an offensive Weenie-Dos fanboy rant.

Well, that's sort of the point, isn't it. It's an opposing viewpoint. Yeah, it's a very poorly written, obnoxious opposing viewpoint, but...

Linux/FOSS gets better by improving on the things it doesn't do well. You find out what it doesn't do well by listening to your critics. The fact that he's not a very good one is somewhat beside the point.
ColonelPanik

Nov 05, 2008
3:38 PM EDT
The art work is great!
moopst

Nov 06, 2008
1:35 AM EDT
@jdixon: I didn't say delete the article lightly. The fact that I could find no merit in the rant is what put it over the top. Can you point to any specific points in the article that qualify as criticism that merits listening to? To be honest I couldn't find any, but I'll admit that I didn't read all of it.
gus3

Nov 06, 2008
3:29 AM EDT
Is it on par with "L1NUX 15 T3H 5UX0R5"?
number6x

Nov 06, 2008
11:23 AM EDT
gus3,

Its not quite that clever
jdixon

Nov 06, 2008
11:37 AM EDT
> Can you point to any specific points in the article that qualify as criticism that merits listening to?

No. But the fact that neither you nor I can doesn't mean no one will.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!