An open mind

Story: Windows 7: Should Linux Fans Keep An Open Mind?Total Replies: 10
Author Content
jezuch

Nov 07, 2008
2:59 AM EDT
Sure; quoting a Machine Head song: "An open mind with a closed fist"...
herzeleid

Nov 07, 2008
4:02 AM EDT
An open mind about windows 7? Don't care, sorry. It doesn't mean a thing to me. Should it?
Sander_Marechal

Nov 07, 2008
4:54 AM EDT
An open mind? But virusses will get in!
dinotrac

Nov 07, 2008
5:57 AM EDT
I'm extremely open-minded about Microsoft.

Every time I open my wife's laptop, it presents me with a Microsoft OS that is more painful to use than my KDE desktop. Every time I open my eyes, I see yet another nasty piece of invective from Microsoft that tells me they are at war with their own customers. Every time I open my e-mail, I see yet another piece of spam bounced off a pwned Microbox somewhere in the world. Every time I open...oh, what's the point?
tracyanne

Nov 07, 2008
7:20 AM EDT
Just don't leave your mind so wide open that all reason leaks away.
theboomboomcars

Nov 07, 2008
10:11 AM EDT
I have an open mind about Microsoft. Once they release an open system that isn't encumbered with DRM I'll look at it, same for Apple. Until then they don't offer anything I want.
helios

Nov 08, 2008
9:56 AM EDT
@ Tracyanne

"Just don't leave your mind so wide open that all reason leaks away."

Prepare to be shamelessly and often plagiarized. ;-)

h
jdixon

Nov 08, 2008
11:10 AM EDT
> An open mind

Too late. "Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most."
tracyanne

Nov 08, 2008
6:50 PM EDT
@H someone else said it much better, but I couldn't remember the quote.
tracyanne

Nov 08, 2008
7:11 PM EDT
I found this

"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief." Gerry Spence, Attorney at Law

In context, I'd have to say it's highly unlikely that Linux Fans will have their minds opened by wonder, when Windows 7 arrives, it's also highly likely that Windows zealots minds will remain closed by belief. I also feel certain that there are a lot of Windows users out there who's minds can be opened by wonder when they get to see and touch a Linux System.
gus3

Nov 08, 2008
10:46 PM EDT
...unless our minds are in awe of just how few features can be packed into a product as bloated as Windows 7.

Oh, wait, I'm already in awe of that.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!