FOSDEM anyone?

Forum: LinuxTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
Sander_Marechal

Feb 06, 2009
5:57 AM EDT
Who here at LXer is going to FOSDEM tomorrow?

I am!
gus3

Feb 06, 2009
10:34 AM EDT
But Sander, I thought you just started a new job? ;-)
ColonelPanik

Feb 06, 2009
1:58 PM EDT
Sander, Can you get me a shirt?
Sander_Marechal

Feb 06, 2009
8:25 PM EDT
ColonelPanik: Sure. Check your PMs.
hkwint

Feb 07, 2009
7:09 PM EDT
Uhm, needless to say, I've been there today and will be there again tomorrow. In contrary to last year I hope to write an article about it (last year I screwed up).

Hopefully tomorrow I _will_ now the difference between the E19 to Paris and the E19 to the Netherlands. At least I didn't get lost in Brussels itself this time, like last year. The city is quite a disaster by car. Hopefully tomorrow I'll also be able to find the parking garage Sander recommended me for the second consecutive year, because finding a parking place between all the ones marked with "CD*" ain't easy.

*Corps Diplomatique, in case you didn't know: Rich embassy people having their own parking lots in front of their door making them unavailable to geeks like me.

For some strange reason the coffee - supposed to be cappuccino - tasted like chocolate. I did buy a FSFE-mug, so maybe tomorrow I can bring my own coffee.

I was also quite happy this year I didn't had a table peeping with so much noise the whole audience was looking at me, which happened last year.

Until now I didn't make pictures, maybe tomorrow. Hell, I could use the ones of previous year, most people won't see the difference anyway (hint: Last year there was actually some sun to be seen in the 'sunny south').

Well, there's more to tell, like the FOSDEM way to do a wee (may be deemed too 'vulgar' by some to repeat here however), but that will have to wait.

There were quite some interesting talks, and there will probably be more tomorrow, so stay tuned.

You cannot post until you login.