Sorry for the hiccups

Forum: LXer Meta ForumTotal Replies: 17
Author Content
Scott_Ruecker

Feb 18, 2009
10:08 PM EDT
LXer was moved to a bigger, badder, "no more messing around" server yesterday. ;-)

I want to apologize for any hiccups, gaps in posted articles, RSS feed messes and overall weirdness that you may have been experiencing during the transfer and upgrade.

Please e-mail me with anything that you experience from here on out so that I can coordinate getting it fixed with Bob.

We want your "LXer Experience" (I love saying that) to be the best it can be and moving LXer to this new server is just one more step in that direction. I sound all professional and stuff uh? ;-)

The dust should be all settled in the next day or so. Again my apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Regards, Scott
caitlyn

Feb 18, 2009
11:01 PM EDT
Thanks for the explanation, Scott. I did run into a MySQL error trying to post the story you accepted today. A few hours later the story was accepted but a bunch of stories had disappeared. Now it all makes sense.

It looks like you've got it solved. Thanks for all your hard work on the site.

Regards, Cait
ColonelPanik

Feb 18, 2009
11:08 PM EDT
Oh, it wasn't me?
tracyanne

Feb 18, 2009
11:35 PM EDT
For once I didn't notice.
tuxchick

Feb 18, 2009
11:37 PM EDT
Must be the lurgies.
tracyanne

Feb 18, 2009
11:57 PM EDT
Could be.
gus3

Feb 19, 2009
12:16 AM EDT
@CP:

Actually, in your case, it was you.
ColonelPanik

Feb 19, 2009
12:26 AM EDT
I kinda guessed that! /sigh
Scott_Ruecker

Feb 19, 2009
12:40 AM EDT
And this whole time I'm like, "I know Tracy gonna say something, I know it I know it.."

;-)
Steven_Rosenber

Feb 19, 2009
12:49 AM EDT
All this means is that we're ready for SCALE this weekend ...
Scott_Ruecker

Feb 19, 2009
1:05 AM EDT
You said it, I am chomping at the bit..
beirwin

Feb 19, 2009
1:10 AM EDT
The RSS feed is working a treat now. Thanks, Scott + all the LXer gang (and 3, 5, 10 -- heck, grab as many as you want (!) gold stars) for all your hard work to ensure all of us get our Linux fix every day.
Sander_Marechal

Feb 19, 2009
3:10 AM EDT
I had some timezone trouble but it's gone now. New stories were not marked as new on the front page. I thought it was strange that there were no new stories all day even though the future queue was full. It took me a some time before I noticed that there were new stories but that the "new" icon was just broken :-)

Oh well, glad everything is working again!
ColonelPanik

Feb 19, 2009
12:19 PM EDT
Those of you going to SCALE: Please try to achive the high level of reporting that Hans and Sander hit with their work from FOSDEM
Scott_Ruecker

Feb 19, 2009
12:37 PM EDT
Are you kidding?

They set the bar so high, I will only be able to measure how I did by how bad it is compared to theirs...;-)

I will try though..
beirwin

Feb 19, 2009
2:34 PM EDT
Scott, for those of us who can't be a SCALE we're eagerly awaiting your reports. No pressure, mind you. :-)

Barbara
Scott_Ruecker

Feb 19, 2009
4:15 PM EDT
I will not be able to cover all the talks like Hans and Sander did, just not physically possible, plus I have a couple of interviews and such I have set up as well.

Believe me, I will be on fire to cover it as well as i can for all of you, I just wish I could divide by osmosis for the weekend..lol!

Steven_Rosenber

Feb 19, 2009
6:00 PM EDT
Quoting:Those of you going to SCALE: Please try to achive the high level of reporting that Hans and Sander hit with their work from FOSDEM

I'll just try to muddle through, as always ...

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [Editors, MEMBERS, SITEADMINS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!