Hillarious!

Story: Is Microsoft Targeting Linux Through Tom Tom? Oh Please…Total Replies: 11
Author Content
Sander_Marechal

Mar 04, 2009
11:27 AM EDT
The first paragraph in the article already had me laughing out loud:

Quoting:Linux leaders have a problem. Ever since Microsoft adopted the "let's get along" strategy of licensing and interoperating, it has been hard to get people to volunteer their time for the platform, and interest seems to be waning.

Waning? FOSS has never been as strong as it is today. More developers, more interest and more *renevue* than ever before.
bigg

Mar 04, 2009
11:39 AM EDT
Just a guess, he doesn't offer any rigorous statistical evidence to support that assertion, does he? Not that I'll bother checking...

Although you might be reading the statement wrong. Interest in Windows (particularly Vista) is definitely waning.
Sander_Marechal

Mar 04, 2009
11:49 AM EDT
If you read the full article you'll see that he means that Linux interest is waning due to MS playing nice(r).
bigg

Mar 04, 2009
11:52 AM EDT
> If you read the full article

ROFLMAO
Sander_Marechal

Mar 04, 2009
12:16 PM EDT
What? The article? Or the mere suggestion that you actually read an Enderle piece? :-)
bigg

Mar 04, 2009
12:19 PM EDT
> the mere suggestion that you actually read an Enderle piece

Yes - it violates my principles to contribute clicks and thus money to something society would be better off without.
henke54

Mar 04, 2009
12:42 PM EDT
>Enderle piece?

move along.....neeeeext..... ;-P
tuxchick

Mar 04, 2009
1:08 PM EDT
Come on, admit it folks, slow-motion train wrecks are irrestistible. You have to watch.
jdixon

Mar 04, 2009
3:08 PM EDT
> You have to watch.

Only the first 20 or so times. I've read that many Enderle articles over the years. :(
Scott_Ruecker

Mar 04, 2009
3:09 PM EDT
It was supposed to be entertaining...darn enderle..lol!
jdixon

Mar 04, 2009
3:24 PM EDT
> ...he doesn't offer any rigorous statistical evidence to support that assertion, does he?

Enderle wouldn't know rigorous statistical evidence if you wrapped it around a baseball hat and clubbed him over the head with it. Or, to be fair, as a journalist/writer he wouldn't know. I can't speak for his technical background, and he may be competent there.
hkwint

Mar 04, 2009
7:18 PM EDT
ROFLMAO, but after reading the full 'article'. Sure, waste of electrons, but did have some fun. Darn, how uninformed can someone be?

Serious remark: Enderle assumes TomTom is afraid of Microsoft. I suggest it's the other way around: Microsoft doesn't give anything about TomTom. However, if other companies who 'licensed' the 'assumed IP' of Microsoft find out TomTom doesn't pay because the assumed IP simply doesn't exist, they're not going to pay either. Microsoft suing TomTom in my opinion shows they're scared. But I might be wrong, we'll probably never find out due to some settlement which will arrive before three years have passed.

Quoting:I can't speak for his technical background, and he may be competent there.

He likes TomTom products - even though they don't run Microsoft - if that's any clue.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!