Come gather 'round, people, wherever you roam...

Story: Dvorak Likes LinuxTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
jacog

Mar 10, 2009
7:21 AM EDT
For indeed the times are changing.

Used to hate Dvorak. It was what one was supposed to do.

But then he got a new job, and it was TC who put things into perspective. JCD in his previous incarnation was just a persona, and very few of the opinions published with his name attached were necessarily his own, or even written by himself.

So ok, this is the real Dvorak. Hopefully he keeps writing positive stuff, and hopefully his name still carries weight, even now that he has taken off the villain costume.
Sander_Marechal

Mar 10, 2009
8:03 AM EDT
There's another Dvorak story in the newswire. Also positive.
bigg

Mar 10, 2009
3:16 PM EDT
Quoting:You should also note that almost all of the newest hardware coming out has Linux support. The critical mass has been reached.

Yes. I was happy to find that the Ralink wireless card in my Acer laptop is now supported in the Linux kernel, so everything will work out of the box with any Linux distro using that kernel. It's one thing to say you can get hardware to work, it's another to have it supported in the kernel, in which case it's better than Windows.
dinotrac

Mar 10, 2009
3:22 PM EDT
bigg - amen.

It was so nice not to have to jack around with my last mythbuntu install.
phsolide

Mar 10, 2009
10:59 PM EDT
I'll believe Dvorak has changed when ol' whats-his-name, from "Byte", Jerry Pournelle, when he throws out all of his "TSR" "productivity" "apps", and buys a Mac.
ColonelPanik

Mar 10, 2009
11:07 PM EDT
Dvorak + Positive? Can't be. Won't happen.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!