It can't be!

Story: 84 percent say no thanks to Windows 7Total Replies: 9
Author Content
caitlyn

Apr 15, 2009
4:58 PM EDT
"50 percent of those being questioned seriously considering a move to a non-Windows OS such as Linux"

It can't be! I'm sure I read on IT Wire that Windows had "kicked Linux to the curb" and that it had "crushed" Linux. Surely Linux is dead.
NoDough

Apr 15, 2009
5:06 PM EDT
Linux is dead! Long live Linux!
Sander_Marechal

Apr 15, 2009
5:20 PM EDT
So, is Linux like a zombie or more like a cat with 9 lives? :-)
gus3

Apr 15, 2009
5:31 PM EDT
Or "The Thing That Wouldn't Leave".
caitlyn

Apr 15, 2009
7:10 PM EDT
It's more like a Time Lord. It just keeps regenerating.
azerthoth

Apr 15, 2009
7:16 PM EDT
Rust, once it starts there is no stopping it.
jacog

Apr 16, 2009
3:40 AM EDT
I think it's more a case of whomever shouts his made-up statistics out the loudest shall be accepted as the truth.
TxtEdMacs

Apr 16, 2009
11:46 AM EDT
caitlyn,

How many times do I have to repeat:
Quoting:It's BSDs that are Dead! And Linux, it's taking its last few labored breaths.
Psst: MS, so quit with the check its in the mail. And how many times do I have to repeat the Vista Extreme is my FAVORITE OS? Send cash, not regards.
tuxchick

Apr 16, 2009
12:14 PM EDT
It is noteworthy that we are seeing articles like this. It wasn't that long ago that Linux and Mac weren't even on the radar of MS I mean tech news media.
bigg

Apr 16, 2009
12:26 PM EDT
Linked from the front page of CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/ptech/04/15/cnet.all.in.one.net...

Quoting:They're a subcategory of desktop PCs called Nettops, and, like Netbooks, they're generally defined as a computing platform powered by the Atom processor that runs either Windows XP or a version of Linux.

I thought it was interesting that it was just tossed out there, "it runs Linux" as if that's no big deal.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!