Shameless self-promotion

Story: DistroWatch Weekly, Issue 301Total Replies: 3
Author Content
caitlyn

May 04, 2009
5:34 PM EDT
Taking my lead from Scott here :)

I will be writing the feature article for DistroWatch Weekly next week. I will also be filling in for Chris Smart and writing all of DWW for the May 18 and May 25 issues. I promise interesting articles. As of now none of them will be about Ubuntu :)
Steven_Rosenber

May 04, 2009
5:49 PM EDT
Caitlyn -- didn't know that was you. I read the Xubuntu article and blogged it immediately (I have it timed to post in about 20 minutes; I will point to it from LXer later today.) I didn't see your byline. Great job. I like the how-to mixed with the results of the various systems' performance.

It's a good lesson on building/tuning your system to better fit what you want to do with it. I'm glad you didn't just say, "If you want a faster system, just run Debian," but recognized that for one reason or other, people want to run a Ubuntu base but configure it the way they wish.

Again -- a great article.
caitlyn

May 04, 2009
6:04 PM EDT
Well... I'm sure Chris Smart will be happy with your comments. I didn't write that article. You misunderstood me. I will write NEXT WEEK's article and at least two after that.
Steven_Rosenber

May 04, 2009
6:07 PM EDT
Ah ... I misread your comment. I read "next," and thought "this."

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!