What's wrong with eating pizza or drinking coffee?

Story: Linux does not equal an unwashed foulmouthed rebel.Total Replies: 20
Author Content
caitlyn

Jun 01, 2009
4:55 PM EDT
I didn't realize pizza or coffee were automatically tied to geekdom. I know plenty of non-geeky type people who drink lots of coffee or Coke for that matter. I thought eating pizza was almost universal.
techiem2

Jun 01, 2009
6:21 PM EDT
And I don't drink coffee or coke..... I do occasionally eat pizza though....
tuxchick

Jun 01, 2009
6:22 PM EDT
Mmm, pizza dough....
caitlyn

Jun 01, 2009
7:54 PM EDT
My housemate makes her own pizza sauce. It's absolutely wonderful. Last night she made homemade pizza that's definitely better than what you get from the neighborhood pizza parlor. Oh, and yes, we have very decent pizza places in this area. She still does better.
phsolide

Jun 01, 2009
8:00 PM EDT
I'm an unwashed, foul-mouthed rebel, and I'm really proud of it. Also, I hardly drink any fluid but coffee, and I have at least 3 pizzas a week.

Seriously, though, what about the conspiracy theory that has Wagg=Ed finanacing the very worst, mouth-breathing, "Fornicate Windows!" linux "advocates"? I actually dipped into "slashdot" over the weekend, rather than just reading the RSS feed via linuxhomepage.com. I was shocked at the level of pro-Windows crapaganda there. Obvious "talking point" posts, a plethora of the "I'm a linux user have been for years, but it's not for everybody and I rarely recommend it" type of shillposts. Hardly any neanderthal Linux "advocates" there anymore, and I thought that was their home.
Bob_Robertson

Jun 01, 2009
8:24 PM EDT
I guess I'm out, I just took a shower.
azerthoth

Jun 01, 2009
8:27 PM EDT
Had to happen at some point this year, atleast you got it out of the way early.

*evil grin*
Scott_Ruecker

Jun 01, 2009
9:31 PM EDT
Pizza and Coffee..yumm..and here I thought it was just an easy way to keep from getting constipated..lol!!
caitlyn

Jun 01, 2009
9:36 PM EDT
Yep, Scott, that diet will certainly clean out the pipes :) I like both but not at the same time.

I can tell I no longer live in New York by the number of pizza places that don't have anchovies :(
Bob_Robertson

Jun 02, 2009
7:54 AM EDT
Speaking of New York, I had the first slice of pizza for many years, yesterday, worthy of being folded in half and having the cheese oil pool and run down my hand.

...at Sam's Club.

Who knew a New York quality pizza would be found there?

Wait, I'm enjoying this. That would mean it's a TOS violation!
hughesjr

Jun 02, 2009
11:18 AM EDT
What if I am all those things ... is that bad?

:)
hkwint

Jun 02, 2009
11:31 AM EDT
OK, I need to share this with someone for some reason, and this seems like the perfect logical place to do so (really coincidentally); not even offtopic! Now, who'd have thought so on a Linux-forum.

Yesterday I had the worst pizza of my life. I bought it at' New York Pizza', but then in my country. Buying an American variant of an Italian product with Dutch interpretation almost begs to go wrong. I certainly hope that's not the way pizza's in New York are, and if they are I immediately understand why some people over there are stressed. I don't know exactly what was on the pizza, certainly lots of fat I suppose (bacon and mayonnaise???). Next time I will go to the Dönner-counter when I need pizza. Those have €5 pizza's which aren't really tasteful, but I like them because they are plain functional. Not expensive, not bad, not too big, and when you had one, you consider yourself as 'just had a meal'.

Oh, wait, I could go to some Italian restaurant as well. Note to myself: should consider that next time I'm too lazy to cook and need salty meal because of dehydration. Oh, and no coffee if the latter is the case.

BTW: Most geeks would feel insulted if they are referred to as 'coffee drinking', they rather also stress the amounts of beer they digest - the latter with or without using md5.
caitlyn

Jun 02, 2009
12:13 PM EDT
Hans: I actually had excellent pizza when I was in The Hague some years ago. No, sorry, I don't remember the name of the place. I just remember being really pleasantly surprised just how good it was.
gus3

Jun 02, 2009
12:57 PM EDT
Hans, we have enough to worry about with H1N1. Why do you insist on bringing up MD5 as well?
jezuch

Jun 02, 2009
3:03 PM EDT
Quoting:Most geeks would feel insulted if they are referred to as 'coffee drinking',

Right. "I don't drink coffee I take tea my dear", to quote an old classic.
hkwint

Jun 02, 2009
4:34 PM EDT
'I like my pizza done on one side'
Scott_Ruecker

Jun 02, 2009
5:32 PM EDT
Trust me Hans, the pizza you had is nothing like what you would get in New York. I lived in NYC for several years as a teenager and with my eyes closed I could take you to half a dozen fantastic pizza joints.
tuxchick

Jun 02, 2009
6:16 PM EDT
Wandering the mean streets with Scott as your guide...with his eyes closed....hmmm....
caitlyn

Jun 02, 2009
6:38 PM EDT
"Mean streets" is exaggerated. I'm sure Scott will pick nice, safe neighborhoods.
Scott_Ruecker

Jun 02, 2009
10:40 PM EDT
I'll take you to the safe neighborhoods as I knew them, I make no claim on whether they are still such..;-)
gus3

Jun 02, 2009
10:50 PM EDT
"The streets are safe in Philadelphia, it's only the people who make them unsafe." -- Mayor Frank Rizzo

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!