This is the form factor for me

Story: Qualcomm Shows Off Snapdragon SmartbooksTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
tuxchick

Jun 01, 2009
10:45 PM EDT
I haven't owned a cell phone in years because I hate them. They cost too much, they're too small for serious Web use and I don't want to lug around a satchel full of devices. But I think I could like a netbook if it had good software installed, 3G, and a Bluetooth phone headset. Then I have it all-- easily luggable, a real computer with a real keyboard and screen, and a phone. Seems like a winning combination to me.
caitlyn

Jun 01, 2009
11:15 PM EDT
I already really like my netbook. I had one with a 7" screen and I agree it's a good form factor. It'll be interesting to see what these ARM/Snapdragon systems are like. I may have a MIPS-based system here for review soon too :)
jdixon

Jun 01, 2009
11:49 PM EDT
> I already really like my netbook.

Meredith still likes her EEE 4G, and I'm pleased so far with my Dell Mini 9. They're perfect for taking on trips, both short and long.
caitlyn

Jun 02, 2009
12:30 AM EDT
@jdixon: I'm glad you're satisfied with them. If, for any reason, you decide to move away from Xandros Presto on the Eee I was very impressed with Debris Linux, a slimmed down distro based on Ubuntu, which I reviewed for DistroWatch this week. It installs in only 850MB which would leave a lot of space on that 4GB SSD for additional apps or data.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!