Wrong wrong wrong.

Story: PCLinuxOS Magazine no moreTotal Replies: 7
Author Content
Texstar

Jun 02, 2009
11:30 AM EDT
You do not own the magazine and have no authority to kill it. The PCLinuxOS magazine will continue to be published by the community.
tuxchick

Jun 02, 2009
11:46 AM EDT
It isn't much of an announcement-- is it some kind of dumb joke?
devnet

Jun 02, 2009
12:47 PM EDT
Actually, it's a community run magazine so you don't own it either Texstar...since it is a community run magazine and historyb is the editor-in-chief and he closed it down then this iteration of the magazine is done...that's his right as chief editor. No one has any right to tell him any different.

I'm sure it won't be final though as other members of the community will resurrect it. That's the beauty of open source. I'd like to see this continue on as I have 3 yrs of my life invested in the magazine.
Texstar

Jun 02, 2009
5:08 PM EDT
I do own the PCLinuxOS name and have given permission to use the name. The community will continue run it. He has no right to announce the magazine is dead when in fact it will continue to be community driven by the same people who are committed to it now.
historyb

Jun 02, 2009
5:17 PM EDT
You Texster have no right to vilify me and degrade my name in your forums. Your people banned me and deleted my post about it, now are starting a systemic degrading of my name. I supported you, gave you money and volunteered my time for what? No thanks from you whatsoever, but get kicked squarely in the but by you.

Since you came back with your bout with cancer you have been a changed man, I am sorry you had cancer but that was not our fault. Now you are running people away, people who supported you and people you do not care about.

You most definitely do not own the Magazine and as Editor in Chief I made an executive decision and I did not have to get your permission to do it. All this because you were not smart enough to ask me nicely about removing the TinyMe ads, but you had to insult my team about it. You Texster caused all this and now you trying to vilify me to the rest of my team, your disgraceful.
Sander_Marechal

Jun 02, 2009
5:21 PM EDT
LXer is not the place for you to fight out your quarrels. Whatever problem you two have, take it to e-mail please. That's what it is designed for.
Scott_Ruecker

Jun 02, 2009
5:28 PM EDT
No offense to either historyb or Texstar, but Sander is right. LXer is not the place for such a conversation.
historyb

Jun 02, 2009
5:54 PM EDT
Yes I am sorry, I will. Texster is trying to ruin my name. Once again I am sorry but I have no place to tell my side of the story. I am sorry LXer people

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!