It gets coverage

Story: Introducing the Google Chrome [Linux - ed.] OS Total Replies: 3
Author Content
bigg

Jul 08, 2009
10:07 AM EDT
This provides additional coverage of alternatives to Windows, including mentions of Linux (whether or not it is completely accurate, it's still free marketing of Linux) in the non-tech media. Here is a list of sites I've visited that had the story as front page news:

cnn.com foxnews.com msnbc.com bloomberg.com foxbusiness.com cnbc.com huffingtonpost.com drudgereport.com abcnews.com cbsnews.com nytimes.com wsj.com

The total value in terms of name recognition for Linux is surely in the millions of dollars.
Bob_Robertson

Jul 08, 2009
11:07 AM EDT
That is, if people read down that far.

It does violate the myth of PC=Windows, which is a very, very good thing and a huge first step toward choice in the minds of the computer user.
hkwint

Jul 08, 2009
11:29 AM EDT
What a coincidence the guy who co-wrote the blog is called 'Linus'. Normally I'd think this is a freakin joke or so, but seems it isn't.

Quoting:The total value in terms of name recognition for Linux is surely in the millions of dollars.

Better, both Linux _and_ Linus are mentioned in the same article. Wrong Linus, but doesn't matter, does it?
klhrevolution

Jul 08, 2009
8:44 PM EDT
Can't say that I did not see it coming.. Surprised it took them so long. I wonder why now ? Almost everything about google is "beta" that's okay.. And they have yet to release a stable version of the browser for linux!

Maybe we will know more in the coming weeks or months ?

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!