I missed the part where...

Story: Microsoft Hit by Open Source and Lawmakers Total Replies: 5
Author Content
herzeleid

Aug 01, 2009
4:06 PM EDT
...microsoft was ostensibly hit by lawmakers. When did that happen?

As near as I can tell, it still appears as though the redmond monopolist has purchased the us government, and has a free pass to do whatever they want, with no fear of any substantial consequences.
TxtEdMacs

Aug 01, 2009
4:42 PM EDT
Just called return on investment. The United States Congress is comprised on honest, upstanding representation where they perform their duty as exhibited by their sedulous protection of special interests from the voters. Now that's hard work. Moreover, from the vested interests side, it is money well spent.

[Now if I could only get a cut. Shill for hire.]

YBT
herzeleid

Aug 01, 2009
5:02 PM EDT
Ah, now it all makes sense. As always, you got right to the point, and put the whole thing in a nutshell so to speak, so that even the common man can understand.
jdixon

Aug 01, 2009
11:10 PM EDT
> Now that's hard work.

Yes, keeping track of exactly who has paid for what favors, and the exact weighting of those favors, all without leaving a paper trail, is extremely difficult.
Bob_Robertson

Aug 02, 2009
8:02 AM EDT
> all without leaving a paper trail, is extremely difficult.

That's why politicians have staffs.

Before limiting this to the US, be sure to review the show, "Yes, Minister".
TxtEdMacs

Aug 02, 2009
8:11 AM EDT
jd,

No, it's all too simple. A second set of books, has it kept safe within the family, which is nothing but discrete. Look they helped the FBI gain a reputation as the paramount Crime Fighters in the U.S. by killing off the independents. Thereby assuring the corporate crime at all levels proceeded unhindered by oversight and gaining obscene profits. [Particularly by the elite crime fighting units and the Feds at all levels. State and locals were bought off very easily. Concentrate on the victims was/is a popular method while collecting their fees.]

The same program has been adopted by going to War against everything. Look how the Drugs Wars are faring, with more centralized, more brutal Lords now at the pinnacle. Only those with hugh profits can suffer the losses and still thrive. It is their kind that helps to fund government corruption at all levels.

As someone that has never used recreational drugs and one that assiduously avoids the legal, corporate versions I can only assume those in charge of this War are either insane or keeping a second set of books.

YBT

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!