Author Content
azerthoth

Aug 06, 2009
2:46 PM EDT
and best wishes too
caitlyn

Aug 06, 2009
2:53 PM EDT
Happy Birthday, Carla! May you have many, many more.
gus3

Aug 06, 2009
3:10 PM EDT
You don't look a day over O(n log n).
dinotrac

Aug 06, 2009
3:17 PM EDT
Birthday Smirthday.

Have a happy anyday, even one made more special by falling on the yearday you graced the place with your wrinkly little face.
Sander_Marechal

Aug 06, 2009
3:46 PM EDT
Happy birthday! Have some pie :-)
jdixon

Aug 06, 2009
4:13 PM EDT
TC:

http://karenswhimsy.com/birthday-cards.shtm

Have a great birthday.
tuxchick

Aug 06, 2009
4:38 PM EDT
Another year has passed me by Oh No! I clasp my head My choices are so limited Be older or be dead!

**stuffing pie into my wrinkly face, nom**
theboomboomcars

Aug 06, 2009
4:46 PM EDT
Happy Birthday TC.
TxtEdMacs

Aug 06, 2009
8:20 PM EDT
TC,

Since you are having pie, can I have the last cookie?

YBT
gus3

Aug 06, 2009
8:39 PM EDT
MBT,

Your discussion of pi and HTTP cookies exposes you as a real geek, who by definition cannot be a spokes-shill for Microsoft.

PWN3D!
jdixon

Aug 06, 2009
9:29 PM EDT
> ...who by definition cannot be a spokes-shill for Microsoft.

Well, not until the checks clear. :)

Personally, I'd be happy to shill for Microsoft, but I doubt they would consider my required salary for doing so a reasonable one.
gus3

Aug 06, 2009
9:33 PM EDT
I can be bought.

Just not by BillG&co. I have standards.
caitlyn

Aug 06, 2009
10:03 PM EDT
Quoting:Personally, I'd be happy to shill for Microsoft, but I doubt they would consider my required salary for doing so a reasonable one.

Same here. When it comes to making a living I can be quite the IT mercenary.
tuxchick

Aug 06, 2009
10:34 PM EDT
Those are great cards, jdixon. I like old-timey. Except in plumbing; modern bathrooms are wonderful things. But in birthday cards they're very cool.

new motto: Will Shill For Shillings.
caitlyn

Aug 06, 2009
10:57 PM EDT
The motto works for me. :)

So... do you want a super duper deluxe boxed DVD edition of Dr. Strangelove for your birthday? Actually, based on your comment in the other thread you probably have that already :)
tracyanne

Aug 07, 2009
5:41 AM EDT
Happy birthday Carla.
bigg

Aug 07, 2009
6:53 AM EDT
Happy Birthday.

Is there some LXer birthday database of which I am not aware?
TxtEdMacs

Aug 07, 2009
7:47 AM EDT
To All You Nasty, Nasty People ...

Just asked one tini, tiny favor and What Happens: I get pillared. My reputation is run through the mud and worse. All of a sudden I am not worthy of being an upstanding shill for MS. "Since when?", I ask. Here's proof I am the best fit. But first let me kill off some of the lies said about me, by persons I could name [see how professional and civil my discourse is?] that have their own agenda.
Quoting:Your discussion of pi and HTTP cookies exposes you as a real geek,
Dastardly Lie! I AM NOT A GEEK! Everyone here knows I speak only nonsense. I know nothing.

This started the avalanche of those applying to do my work, indeed, the work I invented. Even jd would accept a check, caitlyn and TC!!! (where's dino, he must be busy.)

It was I that began to recommend MS products that do not even exist. Moreover, I used extravagant language to describe their unmatchable quality. Furthermore, I hit the peak of low level sales personship having never used any named products*. No one comes close to my facile lies. So how can any of you amateurs match that level of lying expertise?

THE TRUTH IS NONE OF YOU CAN!

Now if that was not enough to make you rethink your slide into ignominy [I am Ok, because I have been immunized to take disgrace with grace].

If that is not enough, who will look after the orphans I care for? Most of you hate kids. Who better than I to train them to survive in the new serfdom our elites are so assiduously pursuing? Most here do not even notice the plan, some are even active supporters. So I teach them a bit of shop lifting and fencing of goods with an eye to both quality and the most easily monetized with the most difficult to track character. Who among you money hungry hordes would match my good works?

None, I say - now go away. When I invented Shilling their were no apt phrases, I own it all.

Now please, please go away in peace, that's all I ask [and let the checks flow].

Oh, TC what about that last cookie?

YBT

* Even those that are real.
gus3

Aug 07, 2009
8:07 AM EDT
Don't hold back, Txt. Tell us how you really feel.
TxtEdMacs

Aug 07, 2009
8:21 AM EDT
gus...,

So kind of you to notice my restraint. Truly appreciated.

YBT
tuxchick

Aug 07, 2009
9:28 AM EDT
In restraints seems to be the appropriate option.

Pie anyone?
jdixon

Aug 07, 2009
11:26 AM EDT
> Those are great cards, jdixon.

I thought you might like them, TC. I'm glad I was right and I hope you had a wonderful birthday.
techiem2

Aug 07, 2009
11:35 AM EDT
Congrats TC!
gus3

Aug 07, 2009
12:53 PM EDT
"Do you still love me?"

"Oh, yes!"

"The old ball and chain?"

"I'll get them."

--Addams Family Values
Scott_Ruecker

Aug 07, 2009
9:08 PM EDT
Quoting:Is there some LXer birthday database of which I am not aware?

No bigg, there isn't. She is just so popular that its become its own little holiday..;-)

hkwint

Aug 09, 2009
11:13 AM EDT
Too late. Anyway:

Happy TC-day to y'all.
caitlyn

Aug 09, 2009
12:14 PM EDT
tc: So you want to be in restraints for your birthday? Whatever floats your boat...

I thought cake was traditional for birthdays, not pie. We had ice cream cake on my birthday. We had a cake inspire by a pie (Boston cream, with chocolate icing) on my ferret Chin Soon's birthday. Is that close enough?
theboomboomcars

Aug 09, 2009
9:20 PM EDT
"You put candles on a cake, it's a birthday cake. You put candles on a pie, someone's drunk in the kitchen." -Jim Gaffigan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR5aQAngT50

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [Editors, MEMBERS, SITEADMINS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!